Chapter 07

Jon was sitting in front of Jay in 1st period. He hears Mr. Dwayne talking, but he pays no attention to his lectures. Is Jay ashamed of me? Maybe I pushed this relationship too fast? But we had a great time together! We told each other we loved each other... or was that just said in the heat of the moment? Jon thought to himself.

Before long, the 2nd period bell rang. Jon snapped out of it. He and Jay started walking to Mr. Ziegler's class, still quiet.

"Hey, I'm sorry for saying that to you earlier. It's because you don't understand what happened here two years ago. Some kid was almost killed!" Jay said as he stopped, hoping Jon would stop as well.

"Whoa! Really? Is he okay?" Jon asked as he stopped as well.

"Yeah, he survived. Him and his mother's moved out of state, went to Washington. He writes Christian every month. Thanking him for saving his life. Christian saw him lying under the bleachers. He carried him all the way to A Building. The EMT's were called. He went into a coma shortly after they loaded him up." Jay said a bit terrified.

"Oh my God! I had no idea!" Jon said grabbing Jay's shoulder. "If anything happens, I won't let that happen to you."

Jay and Jon almost hugged and kissed, but they stopped because they were still in school in between classes. They were surrounded by students. They just smiled and started walking again.

Mr. Ziegler was ill, so they had a substitute in his place. It was Mrs. Smithson. Everyone seemed to love her. She was a sweet old lady. She let the class do whatever they wanted as long as they completed their school work and kept the noise down.

Jon turned around towards Jay. "So, what are we going to do after school today?"

Jay looked up from his sketch book. "Well, since we went to your house, want to come over to mine?" Jay said putting his pencil down.

"Okay. Meet at the same place as before?" Jon asked.

"Sure." Jay answered back. "Hey, I'll be back." Jay got up and went up to Mrs. Smithson. "May I get a hall pass please?" Jay asked.

"Sure thing. Where do you need to go?" Mrs. Smithson answered as she pulled out a hall pass and started filling it out.

"I just need to go to the office. I forgot to bring my gym clothes for P.E. next period. I just wanted to call one of my brothers to see if they can bring me my pair from home.

"Yeah. No problem." She said as she started scribbling on the yellow piece of paper. "Here you go son." She handed the paper to him.

"Thank you ma'am." Jay said. He turned around and gave Jon a wink when no one was looking. Jon smiled as Jay left the classroom.

Jon looked at the sketch he was doodling in. Amazing! Jon thought. On the paper, he saw what looked to be like a sexy vampire. He had Jon's thin square jaw, his hair was messy, but that added to the whole sex appeal. He seemed to be wearing a long black coat; like from the Victorian age. And a button up shirt. It was nicely sketched.

Jon was admiring the picture. Before long he heard Jay's footstep coming closer to the classroom. He closed his sketch book and turned back around. Jay came in and gave the hall pass back to Mrs. Smithson.

"Did you make your phone call son?" Mrs. Smithson asked.

"Yes Ma'am. My oldest brother will be bringing it to the office in a bit. So after 2nd period is over, I can pick it up at the office." He replied back.

"Oh, how nice of him. Well, go ahead and grab your seat. The bell won't ring for another 30 minutes."

"Yes Ma'am." Jay said and went back to his seat.