Chapter 04

Jon stuck his right hand under Jay's shirt.

"Owww!" Jay yelled out in pain.

"What! What happened? What did I do?" Jon said back in terror thinking he hurt Jay in any way. Hoping he didn't.

Jay lifted his shirt, and right on top of his stomach was a burn mark. Still smoking from the wound.

"How'd that get there?" Jon asked.

"I'm not sure, what's on your hand?" Jay replied.

Jon held out his hand, and his ring with the blue stone had a little smoke coming off of it. "What happened?" Jon asked.

"Silver. It's your ring. It's made of pure silver." Jay explained. "If it was sterling silver, it wouldn't have done that to me. Sterling silver has other minerals and materials in it, so it taints the silver."

"I'm so sorry babe! I forgot you were a werewolf! I had no idea. I feel like an idiot!" Jon said being too hard on himself. But Jay couldn't be mad at him. Wait; did he just call me babe? Jay thought.

"It's okay. Your weakness is the sun. Mine is silver. We're not Gods, just two guys caught in the middle of our family's heritage." Jay said turning Jon's head towards him. "Accidents happen."

Jon took off his ring. "It's nightfall. I don't need to wear it right now." He put his ring into his pocket. "Come on, we need to take care of that wound. I don't want it to get infected." Jon said to Jay as he was getting up.

"Don't worry about, it'll heal." Jay said getting up as well.

"No, I don't live far; we can clean it up at my house." Jon said lifting up Jay's shirt again. Looking at the wound, it looked like someone got a hot burning poker and tried to stab it in his stomach. "Please? For me?" Jon said with a worried look on his face.

"Fine, we'll go. Where do you live?" Jay asked. How could he have said no with a face like that?

"Just down there. Right next to the Elementary school. " Jon said pointing. " It's the red house with the grey Ford Focus in the driveway... It's gonna be quiet a walk. We have to take the path back to the bridge and walk down the main street." Jon said.

"Or we could jump down from here..." Jay said looking down the edge of the cliff. "I can make it, but I don't know if you can. Wait, can you fly?" Jay asked looking back at Jon with his eyebrows narrowed up.

Jon looked back at him. "I can't turn into a bat silly. That's just Hollywood make-believe." He said back shaking his head. "But I can make a jump like that. Are you sure you're well enou-"

"Race you!" Jay said cutting Jon off before he could finish his sentence.

Jay jumped off and starting running down the steep cliffs. Jumping from one rock to another as he was letting gravity do most of the work.

It was night time, but that was no problem to Jay because he has wolf night vision. He could see in the dark just as well as he could see in the day time. He looked behind him to see if Jon was right behind him. Nope. He was still at the top, examining Jay's agility. Looking at how he takes each step. Jay turned back around and kept hopping from rock to rock.

His brothers taught him how to run down mountains and cliffs. Keep your arms up. It helps you balance more. Let gravity do the work, just guide where you want to step next. Once your feet touch the spot you want to land on, crouch on your legs. Absorb the fall. And jump again to your next area you want to land. Simple.

Jay got to the bottom. He looked up. It was at least a good 60 foot drop with jagged rocks on the way down. He saw Jon at the top. Jay waved at him.