Chapter 24

"Oh! Sorry. Hi! I'm Jonathon. I'm Jay's friend from school. We're working on a school assignment." Jon answered as he set the tray of food down.

"Oh, how nice. Is he in his room?" Evelyn asked as she went into the hall closet and started putting her purse and coat away. "I need to talk to him if that's okay with you."

"Oh yeah! No problem! Would you like me to leave?" Jon said as he was looking for his stuff. Frantically searching for his book bag and shoes.

"Oh no. You two need to work on your education. It's just going to be a minute my dear. I won't keep him long. Is that food for him?" She asked as she started her way upstairs looking down at him.

Crap! "Yeah. When I came over this morning I knocked but no one answered. He text me last night to come over. He said if he doesn't answer to just go ahead and let myself in, the door would be unlocked. I found him in his room. He looked a bit ill and exhausted so I decided to make him breakfast. Hopefully he feels better soon Mrs. Belin." Jon said as he rambled. But he was too nervous to stop. More like scared out of his mind. He was trying to make it look like he can enter their home without an invitation. So he made up that story about getting invited over a text message.

Evelyn was still at the start of the steps, still looking at him as if she knew he had more to say.

"I love your home! It is way more beautiful than my house. To be honest I had trouble finding it this morning. All these houses here are so big and they look amazing! I've never been in this part of the neighborhood before." Jon said not taking his eyes off of Jay's mother. She was still looking at him, but with a smile. He nervously smiled back. A tiny drop of sweat was coming off the side of his head.

"It is a lovely neighborhood. Thank you for checking on him. I'm sure he'll be fine in a few minutes. He gets like this from time to time. He works so much at school and he helps me around the house. Sometimes he overwhelms his self and it hits him all at once. But he'll be okay. I'll go check on him right now. You stay here and wait for him. I don't want to get in the way of you two doing homework." She said as she gave a wave to him and started up the stairs.

Whew!! Jon let out a sigh, and fell back on the couch right behind him. I've faced my brothers, I fought a powerful warlock in training camp and even managed to out run the sun rise as I was taking my trials when I first turned into a Vampire... but I've never felt fear like this! What was it about her that made me so frightened? Was it maybe she could turn into a wolf even without a full moon? The pure blooded werewolves have that ability. They can turn anytime they want now! He heard them talking in Jay's room. Jon tuned them out and walked to the window. He looked out and saw the people in his neighborhood all dressed up and ready to go somewhere. It was Sunday so they were probably getting ready to go to church or something. He looked to the left of the street and saw a little white house on the end of the corner. He noticed a small car in the driveway and read the bumper sticker 'Jesus is my passenger'. Just then the door opened at the house he was looking at and he was blinded by a bright flare. It hurt his eyes, he tried to adjust. He looked back at the house and saw a glowing bright figure walking out of the house and to the car with the bumper sticker. Jon couldn't see the person, just a bright flash. His mouth was getting dry and he was getting dizzy.

"Good morning Pastor! I'm looking forward to today's sermon!" A lady across the street yelled at him.

"Good morning Mrs Redshaw! I can't wait to see you and your lovely family there. You take care now, okay?" The bright figure said back to the lady.

Jon couldn't stand it anymore so he closed the curtains and sat back down. A holy man. Mrs. Belin lives next to a Man of the Cloth. It's like she strategically picked a good spot to live. Jon put his head in his hands and tried to regain his focus. His head was swimming and his mouth was dry. He couldn't smell nor hear right. His ears were ringing and his smell went numb. He was getting woozy. Like Vampire motion sickness. It don't last long, but it's a roller-coaster. He just has to ride it out, eventually it will end. The worse part was that he wasn't even near the Pastor. He was only next door and Jon was in the house. Jon only looked at him for about ten seconds. This guy must be really devoted to God, it's like the closer humans are to God, God gives them their own personal sun to use against Vampires. The human race take so much for granted. They don't even know what they have.