Chapter 10

As Jay and Jon made their way to their next class, Jay could feel Jon glaring at him.

"Okay! Don't glare at me; I can feel your look." Jay said turning towards him.

"Yeah! I bet! That another part of your wolf sense!?" Jon said under his breath. Looking around, making sure no one heard it.

"I'm sorry! I don't know what happened? This is why I'm not in the debate club." Jay said hoping that joked will calm him down a bit.

Jon smiled. "I have Shelley in my 7th period class. I'm gonna see if she still wants to talk to me." Jon said. 

Jay rolled his eyes.

"Don't be rolling your eyes! You're still going to talk to them!" Jon said.

"What? I thought the whole idea was to let them know. NO! The first plan was to let her forget!" Jay said arguably.

"I still want to be their friend. And if I'm going to hang around them, I want my boyfriend there as well." Jon snapped back in a low whisper.

Boyfriend? Jay thought. "Fine! I'll be on my best behavior! Should I get the leash as well?" Jay said jokingly.

"Yeah. And check for fleas." Jon said back smiling.

Jay pushed Jon on his shoulder. "You're a jerk." Jay said back laughing. Jon laughed as well. "See you after school." Jay said as he walked off.

"See you then." Jon said going in the other direction.

When the school finally came to an end, Jay walked over to the weeping willow tree. A few moments later, he heard Jon turn around the corner. Jay smiled.

Ashley and Shelley trailed behind him. His smile faded.

"Hey! They invited us over to their house!" Jon said happily.

"Oh... goody!" Jay said with a forced smile.

Ashley walked up to Jay. "Hey. I know we got off to a rocky start. But I just wanted to tell you that your secret is safe with us. When that stuff happened to that kid two years ago, me and Shelley were the only ones that visited him in the hospital. Well, Christian did as well." She said.

Christian was there? Jay thought.

"Yeah Shizzle!" Shelley said. "We don't want anything to happen to anybody like that again. You can trust us." She finished.

"Did you just call me Shizzle?" Jay said looking at Shelley.

"Yeah. J-Shizzle! It's your nickname!" Shelley laughed.

I actually like it! Jay thought and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you two. I didn't mean to say that. Trust me! It went a lot differently in my head." Jay said to the girls.

"Aww." They both said in unison and gave Jay a hug.

Jay hugged them both back.

"Well, you guys ready to come over to our house?" Ashley asked?

"They're gonna show us some spells!" Jon said excitedly.

"We're gonna try. We're not that experienced yet." Shelley intervened.

"I'd love that, I really would. But I have to go home and do a few chores first before I can do anything else. My family isn't there, so I have to take care of a few things first. I can come over later if that's okay?" Jay said looking at his watch.

"Yeah! Let's go to Jay's house and help him!" Ashley said looking at her sister and Jon.

"I'm up for it." Shelley replied.