Chapter 17

The two were sitting there in class talking and laughing instead of reading. It felt they had just met all over again. The 3rd period bell rang and they didn't even get to read the first page.

"Oh, crap! What happened? "Jay said looking at the clock.

"We must of lost track of time." Jon said smiling at Jay. He looked back and smiled as well.

"Yeah, we're just going to have to wait till tomorrow to actually start reading this play." Jay said putting his books in his bag.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Or...?" Jon hesitated. Jay looked at him like he knew what he was going to say. "We could um... read it after school?" Jay smiled shaking his head.

"We'll see. Let's talk about it some other day." He said putting his bag on his back.

"Okay!" Jon said happily. "I guess I'll see you around?"

"Umm... yeah. I think I'd like that." Jay said while smiling at him. "Oh, and there is something I wanted to tell you." Jon's head perked up as he was putting on his backpack. "I'm... I'm sorry for... you know." He started to whisper. "For dumping you like that. I just want-" Jay got cut off.

"You don't have to. I understand. You did what you thought was best. I'm not mad at you. I never was. I was hurt, but never mad." Jon said looking into his eyes.

"Okay. Thanks." Jay smiled back. "Can we still be friends?" He replied back.

Jon smiled at him again. "That's all I ever wanted from you."

"I guess I'll see you around." Jay smiled and headed out the door. Jon stood there with the biggest smile. Mr. Ziegler was the only one in the classroom with Jon.

"You better get to your next class before the tardy bell rings Jon." He said as he left his classroom too.

"Yes sir." He replied back. But let me check one thing first. He said to himself. Jon looked around to makes sure no one was eaves dropping or in the classroom. He lowered his head and said in a whisper. "Hey Jay, I don't know if you can hear me or not... but I still have your clothes at my house from when... you know." Jon stood there in silent. Waiting for a reply. Hoping he did hear him.

"Oh! Crap. Heh heh, I still have the ones you let me borrow." He heard Jay say in a whisper.

Jon shook his head and smiled and headed out the classroom to his next class. He couldn't wait until he told the girls! He couldn't stop smiling like an idiot all of 3rd and 4th period.