Chapter 15

Two months has passed, and not a day goes by when Jon still thinks about his ex-boyfriend. He can still remember the time he met him in August like it was yesterday. The lunch they shared, the classes they had. The first time they had sex in his bedroom.

It still hurts like hell... like it just happened yesterday. Jon still has a class together with him, but they don't even look at each other anymore. They both completely acted like the other person is invisible. He's notice Jay started hanging out with his brother Christian again. Also, neither of them has come out of the closet yet to the school. Jon thought he might put that on hold for a while.

On the bright side. He became friends again with the Gene Sisters. Best friends in fact. They even re-invited him back to their house. Every lunch the three get the same table across the quad on the other side of the school. Jon wanted to avoid being around Jay, so he chose a spot that was far from him. The students in the middle of him and Jon during lunch made a perfect spot so they both couldn't hear each other using their super-hearing. But that couldn't stop Jon from seeing him. Even though they are far apart and he couldn't eaves drop on him, he could still see him from across the quad.

Jon was sitting at their table drinking his 'soup' and 'V8 juice' while waiting for Ashley and Shelley to arrive. He glanced at Jay's direction as he always does, hoping that he would glance back.

"Maybe you should just talk to him." He heard Ashley say as she set her tray down right next to him.

"Yeah, it's kind of depressing seeing an emo vampire." Shelley joked as she sat across from him, but out of his view from looking at Jay.

Jon just rolled his eyes. "You ladies have no idea how much I wanted to talk to him. Or text him, email him, I.M. him or call him."

"Oh sweetie, you'll find someone. A nice human with rock hard abs that has a thing for vampires." Shelley said taking a bite of her burrito.

"Yeah. Or another cute vampire just like you who probably is a vegetarian and only drinks animal blood." Ashley said shaking her salad bowl to mix the dressing.

"Oh God, I told you guys not to watch that movie." Jon replied shaking his head. "But it's hard. You don't understand. Jay's my Jacob."

"So, you could watch it, but not us?" Shelley said giggling.

"I only watched it to see how they would depict us." Jon replied taking a sip from his thermos. "And I for one would rather burst into flames than look like a disco ball in the 70's on a Saturday night in San Francisco." The group laughed.

They talked more about stuff and had a few laughs. Making plans for Halloween coming up in two weeks.

The 5th hour bell rang. Everyone got up and went back to class. The day was half over. Jon went about his school work until the last bell rang. School was over and everyone jolted out of class. It was Thursday, so everyone was a bit happy that the weekend was coming up.

Jon saw his girls at the end of the hall and they waved bye to him. He waved back.

As he was walking home, he got a text from Ashley.

'Want to hang out with us tomorrow? My Grandmother is going to visit my aunts in Woodberry. So we got the whole house to us for the weekend.' He smiled at the text. The sisters thought it would be best if their grandmother never knew a thing about him. So he only comes over to their house when she is not there. The same goes for him and his mother. Ashley and Shelley came over a few times when his mom went to London for her annual meetings once a month and they only hung out at school. They never hung out with each other after school. Just to be on the safe side.

'Yeah, I'd love that. See you guys tomorrow.' He text back. He got to his house and opened his door. His mom was in the kitchen sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" She said setting the paper down giving him her attention. Ever since he could remember, she always did that. It's like she miss being young again, and she wants to remember how it felt. She loved hearing about his day. She was happy that he had made friends. She knew his son was gay, and she had hoped he would find someone that he loved.

"It was okay. In English, we're reading a play by Shakespeare."

"Oh, that's neat. Which play is it? Macbeth? Romeo & Juliet?" She replied happily.

"'A Midsummer Night's Dream'." He said opening the fridge.

"Oh, that's a great play. That's one of my favorites. It has fairies and other mythical creatures in it." She sighed, as if she was reminiscing. "I remember when I went to go see it for the first time."

"You saw the play in Shakespeare's time?" Jon said in astonishment looking at his mother.

"How old do you think I am!? I'm talking about back in London in nineteen-twelve." She looked back at him sternly. But she went back into her gaze staring into nothing again. Jon went back to digging in the fridge. "Oh, it was beautiful. You're going to love it Johnny! The Queen of Fairies is a real bitch, but you understand why she's like that."

"Yeah." Jon said back opening a cup of yogurt. "Mr. Ziegler wants us to choose parts and read them out loud. I think I might choose Nick Bottom."

"Wow, he's one of the characters with the most lines. You're going to be one of the few students in your class that will be reading the most." She replied.

"Yeah, I know. I'm pretty sure no one else will do it." He said ripping the cover off his yogurt and searching for a spoon.

"I'm so proud of you Johnny." She said getting up and hugging her son. "I like it here. I love this town. Everyone is so nice. I made a few friends so far. And I got invited to join a book club with the neighborhood ladies. Isn't that sweet?"

"That's so cool mom! What kind of books are you reading?" Jon said back.

"Erotica." She said.

"Eww, gross. Never mind I asked." He replied back as he started going upstairs to his room.

"Oh, don't be grossed out. These ladies sit at home while their husband and kids take off during the weekdays. What else do you expect them to do?" She yelled up at him laughing.