Chapter 39

AN: IM SO EXCITED! Sorry. After the epilogue I will have a sorta bonus for any interested or dedicated readers. Thank you so much. Now go on. To the good part! **I've made changes!!***

Third POV:
It's the day before the wedding. Matt understood why Louis wanted to stay over Zayn and Liam's room even without a legitimate reason. He thought Louis needed space so he gave it to him. As far as he knew Louis was relaxing with them free of any stress, but he didn't know how hurt Louis was. How he cried that morning, well into the after noon and to sleep. Zayn and Liam tried hard to comfort the poor broken boy but they couldn't get a word out of him. Louis knew ignoring the problem was what made the problem even worse but what else could he do? It was about to be his wedding day and be hurt more than ever because whom he loved was far far from him. He didn't mean physically.
Louis didn't want to deal with it anymore. He didn't want his feelings. He didn't want people comforting him. He didn't want the wedding. He didn't want anything. All his dreams are worthless. They meant nothing. He was living in auto pilot. And if he got married tomorrow that wouldn't change a thing.
Louis laid in Liam's bed that night hearing him and Zayn on Zayn's bed asleep while he shook with tears. He hadn't seen nor spoken to Harry nor did he want to. It'll burn a little more every time he would. It didn't stop Louis from thinking of him. The beautiful things about him. Eyes, smile, laugh. His passion. His enthusiasm. Harry's kindness that Louis always craved. Along side Louis also thought of how much regret and sadness and anger Harry had caused. To Louis, Harry made Louis' life amazingly complicated.
That night on the eve of his wedding, Louis laid on Liam's bed letting himself go. Cry and cry. Wanting to sleep but knew it was impossible.
Who sleeps when the one you tragically love still exists out there?

-Wedding Day-
Liam:
The day has come and I'm really unsure of today's results. Last night I saw Niall once more and the concern over Louis never faded.

"Zayn, I saw him again. He told me how we had to help them both. That they had to see each other before the ceremony began. " He looked at me.

"Thank god you did too. I thought  it was just me doubting the wedding again. " I slapped his arm.

"We ARE going to help them right?" He  smiled at me and nodded.

"Of course we are."
--
We arrived to the area in the hotel that the main event would be held. Zayn told me he'd be bringing Harry here any minute now.
I had my eyes on Louis as he stuck a fake smile in front of guests and family. I nervous that everything will go wrong. I mean Zayn and I didn't have a real plan just to get them to talk but what they say to each other is completely up to them. I sighed in relief as I saw Zayn trip in. When he recovered he grinned to me, pulling Harry beside him. Louis wasn't noticing his entrance as he was walking down an empty hallway beside the main event's doors. I panicked.
"Go for him. I have no doubt you won't screw it up this time." I looked at Zayn surprised. I don't know why he seemed so sure.
We both watched Harry walk towards Louis and pull both aside into an empty room. I turned to Zayn.

"How?" He smiled really wide at me this time.

"I know this Irish guy that knows a few things." I grinned weakly. Let's hope Niall's right.

Louis:
I need somewhere to just stand alone for a bit. I saw so many people and felt very overwhelmed as everyone congratulated me. I almost reached the end of the hall when I was pulled aside into a random storage room. I couldn't believe this. Maybe it was a horrible dream in which things when wrong. I wanted to stop thinking all together right then and there. Unwillingly I stood in the room staring right at his hopeful green eyes. No, I just couldn't.

"Let me stop you right there. I will not forgive you. How can I?" A paused for a beat, "Harry you have no idea the effect you have on me. You.. You have no idea how much I loved you. How much I still love you. Even after your attitude towards me. Even after your lies and bullshit that you put in my life. Even after you slept with Eleanor! I thought you'd be the very last person to hurt me like that. And I mourned. Not for Niall because I know he's alright. I mourned having to lose you more than once. I thought you'll never know how I feel. But why would it matter? I'd be screaming into a sound proof room with you outside. Well I'm done. Today is proof. I'm going to marry Matt meanwhile you still won't understand what I feel for you." I had said a lot for I felt so much and thought it all over for years. He hadn't moved nor did his stare falter.

"Lou," I winced (nicknames shouldn't exist to hurt so bad), "I promise you I understand. Before I was .. Thinking only of myself. I was deep into my own problems that my emotions went out the door. I really wished you'd told me. Because I feel the same. I didn't know I did for a very long time but I figured out why my life was so horrible. Why I suffered. It's silly to think it was our friendship that I longed for because what I missed about you never was any thing that little. I love you too. So much." I don't care that my eyes were watering and that he was reaching for me. I shook my head at him.

"Liar. Matt is sweet enough to love everyone with all of his heart. I know I'm nothing special and especially not to him. I believe him loving me way more than you say you do right now. All you told were lies. You led me on, you played me by kissing me all those times...I cannot believe how low you're going right now. It's bad enough you'd play with my crush for you but my love? I won't fall again. No." I was crying now and was too angry at Harry because it was his fault for this.
He made me feel.
He broke me. He did it so wonderfully cruel.

"Louis please." I missed hearing him say my name. I thought of that for years. My name with his voice.

"No." I turned away from him. Whether he wanted or I would love to stay here I can't. I had to wash my face. I couldn't get married like this. I walked out and went straight to the bathroom down the opposite hall. I used some towels to rub my face dry.

"Why won't you believe me?" I heard his whisper. I looked at him by the mirror.

"Why would I? I haven't heard any truth from you." He stood there with a thoughtful expression. The silence dragged on. I realized that we hadn't talked like we have just now in years. I know I want to be back in those innocent days back at the beginning of our relationship where our actions and words seemed meaningless but are everything to me now.

"Don't get married. I'll beg for the rest of my life. Don't. Please. All three of us will suffer if you go through with this. Matt won't see you truly happy and if you're by someone else's side I won't be able to handle it.." I put the towel away breaking off the stare. I plan to leave him here. Right as I turned to the exit he wrapped me in a hug from behind.

"You're the one Lou. I swear. All my lies equal to this one truth and the truth is that I love you." He said it right at me. I felt all of his words and every meaning. I was crying again not even struggling to get away from him. He just felt so amazing around me. I'd missed his hugs for so long. Everything is just a little reminder of those first days. I don't know how to be strong against him anymore.

"Just..don't leave me again." I could only whisper as the tears made me weak. I turned to face him in his arms. Who knows how close we were now. All I saw was him. The thoughts of Matt vanished because as I stared at him it seemed all he saw was me. He leaned into me.

"I only see you. And never never do I plan to leave you or to let you go again."
At the same time we leaned in for a kiss. The one I count as the first. Maybe even my first kiss ever because I never felt another kiss like this one.

Passion (it repeated in my head). It was gentle and rough and everything. Perfectly everything. It wasn't sparks that made it sinful it wasn't fireworks either. It was all of what we felt from years back but also this moment right here. It's more than overwhelming; it's his kiss.

"I'm not going anywhere either." I held onto him and his grip tightened on me. I have a strong feeling we aren't leaving this bathroom anytime soon. Not even if the ceremony began.

This moment was too much that both of us can't break it.