Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Louis:

“I just got a call. Mr. Shawn promoted me. This is it Lou.” Matt looked at me eager to watch my reaction. I instantly grinned.

“That’s great! I’m so proud of you. You deserve it. See those overtimes aren’t that worthless.” I leaned over our breakfast and pecked his lips.

He smiled, “And it’s the full package too. Raise, home, bigger office.” Matt swallowed another spoonful of cheerios I could never eat.  My spoon clanked into the white bowl swishing the milk.

“Home? What do you mean home?” The cheerful and supportive thoughts vanished. Matt was a little surprised but held onto his excitement.

“Well yeah. Lou, there’s been plans about arranging a home in Australia. You and me-” I cut him off.

“You and me? We’re moving?” I wasn’t angry, yet.

“Only if you want. Louis this job is my dream. And the house is amazing. If you didn’t go I would have to live in a mansion like home alone.” He searched my eyes. I sighed quietly.

“I’m not sure I can move to the other side of the world, Matt. I have my job here and my mother in England.”

“That’s no problem. I said the house is big. Like triple family big. My mom is fine with annual visits and all so I won’t bring anybody but you can bring yours if you want.” He held my left hand between both of his. I didn’t know how to feel about this. I already feel alone in this tiny apartment for two. With him at work I just don’t know how I’ll live. I know my mum wouldn’t move in. She’d think of the girls moving somewhere strange be uncomforting and will upset them.

“I want you to be happy Lou. I haven’t signed the contract yet so there’s still a no that can be said. Let me know, babe.” He touched my cheek and walked back into the bedroom.  This is such a big change. I sat there at the table for two, cereal forgotten.

I heard a ring and Matt walked back in. 

“Hey Louis, it’s your pop star friend.” I blinked.

Zayn:

The three of us were outside. We held the posters just below our necks. Harry had just called.

“So, look out your living room window. Just do it.” Harry wore a nervous smile looking up towards the apartment. Liam and I did the same. We saw Louis’ small figure sneak out behind the blinds. We weren’t too far so we could see the smile that glowed on his face. Harry waved him down and Louis disappeared out of sight. It was a lot sooner than I expected that I saw Lou rushed out and was in front of us.

“’Hi Lou Bear’. You dorks!” he pulled us into a group hug. We put the posters down and handed him the brown teddy bear.

“What are you guys doing here?” he looked at us three. Liam and I let Harry speak up. He stepped up closer to Louis.

“I wanted to come and say sorry. I’ve been acting like a crappy friend for way too long. I’ve reached a high level of twat.” Louis grinned.

“You are a twat.” I felt like I was intruding something private as Louis responded quietly looking at Harry.  Then they pulled each other in a hug. Whoa, for a second I’d thought Lou wasn’t going to forgive him. They pulled back and Louis looked back at all three of us.

“Why don’t you all come in?” And so we followed him in.

-

“Bye babe, bye guys. Let me know Lou by 6.” Matt waves at us as he closes the door.