Chapter 28

AN:Thank you for the reads! I received a comment this morning and realized this chapter wasn't up yet. Thank you lovely! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 28

Louis:

"C'mon. Zayn said he'll appreciate the extra help. I can only stay to prepare. I'll have to go at noon to a lunch in with my team." I nodded assuring Matt I understood. He's been busy with his product idea; he was super excited to bring it up last week after I'd been able to walk inside after sitting in my car leaning how to breathe properly again. I pushed away the thoughts and walked behind Matt out to the car, grabbing my phone and wallet along with the cardboard box of old unused decorations.

"I think it's sweet what Zayn's planned for Liam.. I didn't know you guys were so close." Matt held my hand as he drove.

"Yeah..we're like brothers. We would cheer each on. We sort of molded together to form a real family. Niall was such a big loss even as we'd just began to strengthen our relationships.. Actually, loosing control of them was what had caused his..leaving. I'm sorry it's just complicated.." I rambled but Matt's sweet like that. He lets me talk on and on to allow myself to come to a conclusion with what's on my mind. It works most of the time.

"I'll make sure not to mention it." He pinky promised. I smiled at his childish behavior.

-

"Okay that goes right there behind the green cut out.. Perfect. Thanks."

Zayn smiled. I was too short to reach the strings hanging from the ceiling so Matt had done most of the tall managing work...

"I could've helped if I wasn't so busy with these lights!" I whined. Zayn laughed at me and Matt had pecked my cheek in comfort. I blushed and went back to untying the final set of wires. I cheered as I finally plugged in and turned on all the lights.

"That's right bitches, Louis Tomlinson owns this place." I rose my arms in celebration. Matt awarded me by swirling me once and kissing me. I smiled.

"Harry! You just missed the whole reason why I needed you most. You're such an ass you decided not to show up to do the work?" Zayn slapped Harry's back. Matt and I looked back towards the work we've done for the past three hours. Matt hugged me with one arm while he checked his phone.

"Sorry guys. Looks like that's the end of my shift. I expect a payment sent by my Louis when I get home! Bye babe." He pecked me before waving and exiting. Zayn and Harry laughed him off and continued to talk on. I sat on an empty painted box next to the door. I didn't have much to do since I'd left my phone at home. I started to pick at my jean's bottoms pulling the end covering my skin more.

"Okay mates. Looks like all's left to just bring in the presents. Lou, projector's ready right?" I stood and pressed the three black buttons sending a salute to Zayn.

"Good. Harry I'll pass you the gifts to organize as I go and fetch Liam. I'll get them from my car as you set up the foldable table over there." Harry nodded and walked over across the room. Zayn walked out with a click of the door. I tried to look busy setting up the already perfect set up voice call. I heard a few squeaks and metal groans. I glanced to see that Harry had set up half the table and was trying to steady the other half. Once accomplished he looked back towards where the table was previously looking for something.

I coughed and threw the table cover to him. With a short hand wave he turned back to work.

Liam:

I was spread out on the floor staring mindlessly to towards the ceiling.

"Happy birthday Liam! Psh, happy." I mumbled,"very happy!" I took another sip of my 2nd beer. It was again my birthday and I'd already had the routine of throwing out the 'fanmail' I'd received this morning. It's a kind gesture but I know they don't really care and only want the numbers to Zayn or Harry or maybe Katy Perry's that I don't have.