Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Harry:

I opened up the passenger's side to the black low car and slipped in.

"Howya' doin'?" The tan and professional looking Zayn Malik asked me.

"Fine. Found out yesterday that I had to pick up a diva pop star. And recently found out he was worse than the last time I saw him." I could see his smirk.

"Ah. Too bad huh? Was this diva a good friend of yours?"

"Now that I think of it, no. Showed signs of a diva even back when I used to know him." He responded.

"Oh ha ha. Go ahead and laugh at me," he actually accepted my offer and laughed, "honestly, even you aren't that low." I scoffed.

"How's little Harry doin? Outside in the big world. Living out the dream?" He asked pausing his gaze from the road to me and back again.

"The dream? Mister I-am-co-president-of-a-big-records-company? You're so famous I heard about you when I was in South America!" I pointed out.

"Look, I may still be in the music business but its all for show. I have no thoughts about going back into the long days, concert tours or interviews." He paused,"It was fun while it lasted though."

I nodded it might've only been about a year, but I agree. If we 5 hadn't made it, together, I wouldn't have a career. I would be stuck as a lost town boy.

"Have you...? Uh, I mean. Has any other lad spoken to you? I would be surprised if they hadn't." He questioned.

"Actually no. Um. Where are we headed?" I avoided this for good reasons.

"Well, we can't stay at any fancy hotels no thanks to you. I hope you can settle with little old me's home." He smirked.

"Keep making fun of the star huh?" I couldn't contain my smile.

Liam:

I washed off the counter for the 4th time today. As a convenience store is, business was slow. Yet all the new comers and tourist always make their presence.

Florida has its days. Today it's pretty hot as normal and the traffic is low. Everyone had left for the beaches in the morning and most people live there anyways.

I couldn't wait for my shift to be over because it was my last day until my vacation starts. I get a month off just because of the holidays I haven't taken off; I do come to work everyday. As much as my life is shity, I don't bring any cruel attitudes to anyone.

They don't deserve it.

Mark had finally made his appearance for his shift, to my relief.

"Sorry. Mom called when I was about to leave my house. You know how she is." I only shook my head. He shrugged and went to the back of the store.

"I know how much you wanted to leave early. How about I make it up with inviting you to my friend's party tomorrow?" He couldn't see me but I cringed. A party. The idea of fun didn't excite me.

"Don't think so." I shook my head no as he continued to convince me.

"C'mon. Just one hour. I made sure there isn't any drugs-"

"Way to suck out the fun for every one else." I did not approve drugs but if I'm not going the people should enjoy their Friday night.

"Not what I meant. Fine. Have it your way." He came out from behind and settled in the chair behind the counter. I got my keys and phone and walked out.

I got in my car, or what I call a cheap replacement, but I'm not complaining. The drive home was uneventful and the walk into my apartment was at its usual state.

The neighbor's cat hissed at me. The little girl's dog next door kept barking and I watched out for the broken floorboard that was right in front of my door. I unlocked apartment 28's door and walked in. The living room a tidy mess. The kitchen was rarely used and my room was plain. No pictures hung from the walls and no random nick-nacks anywhere. I've stored anything I feel has too much meaning in my storage container that was down the road.

I sat on my 2 seat sofa and just looked at the tv in front of me. I didn't turn it on because I am tired of all the beach movies. I moved to the edge and just put my head in my hands. I wasn't in the mood for house cleaning again and food didn't sound appetizing. I sat there for a few hours, in the dark before I looked out the window and saw it was a little after sunset.

I stood and walked towards my room. I grabbed an apple before I laid back into my bed and slept. Tomorrow I can hopefully go to the park or something.