37-Glad someone missed me

"She's back but why?"

"She's now an assassin, your highness. She came to kill Richard Harvey."

"My pilot? Why?"

"My bet is that he owes her father something big."

"Why is there a ring on her finger?"

"Why is there a ring on yours?"

I take a deep breath and my eyes open quickly, all light hitting them. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look to see Keyon beside me. I look around the room to see Alex pacing in front of the bed. I keep looking, hoping for Arnen.

"He was busy, Ash. He said he couldn't come." Keyon whispers low enough for me to hear.

My head snaps to look at him. "I don't want him around. He makes my demon and angel fight each other."

Keyon nods and stands, pulling me up beside him. "Your highness-"

"Alex, what the hell do you want?" I blurt out. I've gotten really bad at doing that recently.

He looks taken aback. "Ash, you collapsed not only twenty minutes after coming here. I might not be a friend in your eyes but I never stopped caring for you."

I pause. Still? After 6 years?

Told you! Told you he is our mate!

Shut the fuck up, angel!

"Ash, please. I can't believe you are here again. I thought-"

"I left you for good?" He nods, eyes meeting the floor. "I had no choice, love. It was to protect you."

His eyes close. "You're wearing a wedding ring. Can we sit down and talk like adults?"

I nod before realizing he isn't looking. "Yeah, show the way."

He turns and begins walking. I follow behind him with Keyon beside me. He holds my hand in his and I squeeze it. Alex walks us towards an office and opens the door. I see the king sitting behind the desk.

"Old man!" I yell out, happily. "I missed you!"

I hear him grumble under his breath before standing. "As much as I hate you, come give me a hug." I skip over and hug him carefully while he squeezes me.

"Now I have someone to pick on!" I mutter out, pulling away.

"I can say one thing about you, demon. I missed having an annoying little shit around." He says with a smile.

I smile back. "Glad someone missed me."

"Now, what brought you here, Ash? For all I know I haven't killed any high ranked demons."

"Oh, no, Richard Harvey is my target. I'm not here to kill you."

"Father, she has a ring on." Alex states with pain in his voice.

The king looks at my hand that has the engagement ring on. "Well I'll be damned. Who's the lucky man?"

I smirk. "The one who tried to kill your son six years ago."

His eyes widen. "You married your mate's wanna be killer?"

I shrug and take a seat. "I mean, he did that to earn his job. He wanted to become the lead Hunter and to do that his mission was to kill the prince. My father knew it was impossible for him to kill Alex while I was there so it was a plan for me to meet my choosen mate."

"And you married him?"

"Engaged. I am currently engaged to him."

"How do you love him?"