The Person She Loves

Ash's P.O.V

I jumped onto the bus steps and saw Gary looking over the top of the bus seats with the same smirk he had on when I left yesterday.

"Hey Ashy-boy." He mocked as I started to walk over to the back of the bus, considering if I wanted to sit next to him.

He is the only one I know on the bus, so I sighed and sat next to him in the same seat.

"So? Have you've been texting Serena all night long?"

"No! Now stop bothering me about it!" I snapped at him.

"Oh come on. I know you want to ask the master." Gary smirked.

I sighed. I did want to ask a few things that I didn't get to ask him when I was in 8th grade that I was now wondering. Like how you can tell if a girl likes you or someone. Or how to figure out how to ask a girl out. And what blushing is again.

"No, I don't." I said stubbornly.

"Yes you do." Gary snickered.

"No. I don't."

"Stop lying to yourself. I know you have questions. And I'm here to answer them for ya." He poked my shoulder mockingly.

"Yeah right." I edged away from him.

"Oh come on Ashy! I already know you have a crush on Serena. It's not like I can do much worse with telling you how to win her over." Gary said, crossing his arms.

I looked at him in the corner of my eye. He is right in a way I guess.

"Fine." I sighed.

Serena's P.O.V

It's Friday. Our last Friday until we go on Summer Break and we all turn into 12th graders. It's also the day when me and Ash finally learn what the project is.

I stepped onto campus and started to walk over to where I always go. Where Dawn, May, Iris, and Misty always are.

But then I saw the same brown eyes that always brings me comfort but got me all nerve racked at the same time and makes me pay more attention to the way I walk for some odd reason.

"Hey." Ash smiled as he jumped in front of my path.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"So... do you know what we're doing in Social Studies yet?" He asked.

"No. We're supposed to know today though."

"Oh. Okay."

"So you did the math homework right?" I asked, eyeing him.

"Yeah, of course."

"And the Spanish homework?"

"Wait we had Spanish homework?" He exclaimed.

"Ash!" I yelled.

"I'm just kidding." He said and broke out laughing.

I shook my head back and forth. "Don't do that again or else I'll hurt you." I sighed.

"Okay, okay." He laughed and then got quiet. "Did we... have homework for language arts? And I'm serious about this one... please don't kill me." He sweat dropped, motioning his hands in front of him.

I couldn't help but laugh.

I looked up at him and said, "No. We didn't."

He hesitated for a second, but eventually said, "Okay good." He sighed in relief.