Meant For Each Other

Serena's P.O.V

Days and days passed by, school nearing the end of the school year.

It was now about only a week away till summer break finally arrived and everyone was as hyped as ever... which means that everyone is going to be obnoxious as ever as well.

My mom definitely didn't like that I got detention. And trust me, I wasn't happy either. Staying in that dang class's writing, "I will not cheat" 200 times wasn't very pleasant. I ignored Ash in detention. I could tell he was getting really bored in class and sometimes when Mr. Rowan left the classroom, Ash would try to talk to me, but I would continue to write "I will not cheat" continuously on the piece of paper in front of me and act like I didn't hear him.

Now that that week was over, I can finally just breath.

"Serena!"

I turned around to find Ash with that huge grin on his face as always.

There was just 5 minutes before school started and I was waiting just outside the building with my first class, waiting for the bell to ring. That's until Ash was running towards me.

"Look, I got a new phone!" Ash held up a phone for me to see.

"Really? I thought your mom said you couldn't get a new one."

"Yeah, I know, but I eventually convinced her finally!" He smiled, happy with himself.

"What kind of phone is it?" I asked.

"iPhone 6 Plus!" He grinned. "You have a phone right?"

"Yeah, an iPhone 5c." I sweat dropped.

"Yes!" He lifted up his phone to the sky as if presenting it to everyone. "I finally got my phone, which mean that I'm finally able to text you too!" He said, his smile seeming to widen.

"Wait- you've wanted a phone just to text me?" I asked.

His facial expression relaxed and looked at me. "Yeah. Is there something wrong? Does your phone not work or something?"

"Oh- no!" I waved my hands up in the air in front of me. "I was just asking."

"Oh, okay then." He said, his grin returning.

I felt myself blush slightly. He just wanted to get a phone so he could text me?

"So... can you put in your phone number?" He asked, holding out his phone.

"Uh- yeah." I said, taking the phone.

I put in my phone number into his contacts and handing it back to him.

"Thanks." He smiled, leading me to blush slightly again.

Ring, ring, ring

The bell rang and everyone moved into the buildings, including me. Ash went in the opposite direction and went into a different building that was to the side of mine and it all went back to a normal school day.

•~•~• 🍃🍂🍁 •~•~•

The bell rang once again and I grabbed my backpack and walked out of class, knowing that I had lunch next.

Once I entered the cafeteria I sat over at the table that everyone sat at. Dawn, Calem, and Iris were already sitting down since they bring their lunches to school.

"Hey Serena." Dawn smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back, setting down my backpack.

"So do you still like that guy Ash?" Asked Calem.

"Calem!" Everyone yelled, lashing out at Calem in harmony.

"You got to be kidding me!" Dawn yelled.

"Would you just shut up about it already?" Iris said grumpily.

"Well, sorry. It's not like I can just get over it. I'm surprised you guys are over it." Calem crossed his arms.

"I don't know." I said, bringing everyone's attention over to me and becoming silent.

"What do you mean?" Calem raised his eyebrows.

"I mean I don't know. I don't know if I still like Ash." I said, looking down at the ground.

Everyone became silent.

"WHAT!?" Dawn yelled as she jumped out of her seat, her voice echoing through the cafeteria and getting everyone's attention.

"Oops. Sorry." Dawn sat back down in her seat.

"What do you mean by not liking him anymore?" Iris frowned.

"Yeah! What's up with that!?" Dawn said, slamming her hands against the table.

"I- I don't know. It's been five years. And it just seems like we're going to stay friends. Really though, I think I just like him still because I had a crush on him in Junior High."

"That's total nonsense." Dawn crossed her arms. "I know you still like him. You're just giving up."

"I think she's doing the right and mature thing." Said Calem, still crossing his arms as well.

Dawn gave him this death stare that made Calem shut up for the time being and then looked back at me.

"I'm 99% sure that what I said about you and Ash is the total truth of what's happening right now, but it could be something else." Dawn seemed to be examining me. "It could be that you like someone else."

Everyone went silent once again, but bringing awkward silence since I think they expected me to answer.

Was that true? Do I- do I like Alain now?

I looked over to the lunch lines and saw Ash. The same boy who amazes me everyday. But I had a crush on him 5 years ago. Maybe I should just forget about my crush on him and move on.

Then I looked over at a table and saw Alain. He is really cute... maybe I was just misreading him for the longest time and missed the good things about him. Maybe I do have a crush on-

"Serena."

I looked back over at Dawn.

"I know you and I know you still have feelings for Ash. He cares about you as well. He's an amazing boy, definitely one of a kind." She paused and laughed a little. "He has unique traits. I've never seen you so happy before as you hang around him. Your whole personality turns around. He changed who you are to this day. You two are... you guys seem to just get along so well... you know what, I put that wrong. You guys are meant for each other, that's what I see in you guys. Anyone could see that." Dawn smiled. "I'm surprised that you guys aren't even dating." Dawn laughed.

I sat there, not able to say anything as Calem continued to cross his arms and look away from the group.

"Hey guys." Misty set down her tray of food and sat down next to me. "What happened while I was gone?"

"Eh- nothing." I said, hoping that no one would mention our conversation.

"I'll tell you later." Dawn sighed.

"Uh- okay?" Misty said, probably wondering why we were acting like this.

•~•~• 🍁🍂🍃 •~•~•

Author's Note (Please Read):
Thanks for all the support so far guys! It's so fun to write and I really do enjoy it, but seriously though, I'm gonna need to take a break. I've just been writing nonstop the past two days. 😅 It doesn't mean that I won't post a chapter for a whole week! Just for probably for a day or two. 😋

Oh, and make sure to check out my other fanfic,
👉🏼 "The Storm (Amourshipping)"👈🏼
  ✨✨🏮🎊🎊🏮✨✨

That one is also REALLY fun to write as well, so I hope you guys enjoy it! 😊😆