Mal's Stall & Memories

Before I get started on this chapter, I would just like to thank you guys for 1K votes!!! I never ever thought that I would ever get that high. Even now. Do you know how much that is!? That's insane!!! I really wish I could give something in return, but all I have is the two words,
'Thank you.'

Serena's P.O.V

I rushed downstairs in my normal clothing, knowing that I was going to change at practice.

I looked over towards the back of the house and my eye immediately was stuck looking at the backdoor.

I was always so used to bring Mal to practice, but now, she was too old. Too fragile to even run. She would never run again in one of my mom's races. Never be able to be riden again by anyone. Never be able to win a trophie and the bouquet of flowers to wear around her neck like she always did.

I walked over towards the door and turned the doorknob, fresh air rushing into the house as I stepped out. My eyes got the attention of the stalls located to my right. There, in one of the stalls, stood Mal. Standing there innocently. I walked over to the stall and grabbed some hay placed in the corner of the stall. I opened the latch to the upper gate and swung it open, holding out hay before me for Mal to take.

Mal moved her head towards my and ate the hay out of the Palm of my hand, her large eyes looking at me.

I started to pet her snout with my other hand.

Once Mal was done eating, I grabbed one of the horse brushes, and I slide the latch to the side for the bottom gate and swung that one to the side as well. I walked into the stall and started to brush her mane that was think like straw, Mal silently neighing to herself.

That's when I realized something, making my heart sink to my stomach. I would never be able to ride her again. Never be able to take her to practice and ride around the track one last time. The medals and trophies, such as the Auckland Cup, around the house that belonged to her and my mom would rust. They would just rot away. The pictures scattered across the walls of my mom standing next to Mal in her outfit as she held up her prized trophy and Mal wearing a cascade of flowers placed around her neck, would wear. Her saddle would grow old and wear just like the photos. It would tear due to weather and its age. Everything's changing.

I looked up at Mal who looked right back at me with its large marble eyes.

Tears starting to come up to my eyelids. "You'll always be the most amazing horse to me." I smiled through my tears and rested my head against her neck, the brush still in her mane. "I'll miss you today during practice." I said, lifting my head back up and setting the brush back up onto the cabinet and grabbed the equipment that I had to take to practice that was always originally set up for Mal, but this time for a rented out horse.

I exited the stall, closing the gates behind me and slid the two latches back into place, my eyes wondering from Mal to my house as I remembered that Ash was coming over to see me practice, my cheeks flaring pink from the thought.

Ash's P.O.V

Beep, beep, beep

I opened my eyes, light seeping through my window.

Beep, beep, beep

"AGH." I moved my hand over towards the chiffonier next to me and slammed my hand on my alarm clock, hitting the snooze button.