Chapter One: Vacation

I smile as I walk up to my boyfriend, Carter's, apartment. I bought him his favorite candy, his favorite coffee from Starbucks, and some medicine. He texted me earlier saying he was sick, so I decided I would be a good girlfriend and try to cheer him up with some of his favorite things.
I knock on the door a few times. He must be sleeping. I'll just drop this stuff off. I unlock the door. I walk into the kitchen and here noise coming from his bedroom.
I walk through the hall and to Carter's bedroom. I slowly open the door. The noise was coming from here. I open it all the way.
"Carter?!" I shriek staring at Carter in bed with another girl. I drop the bag of candy and medicine.
"Aer, I can explain," he pleads.
"No. No. Stay away from me," I say tears tears threatening to fall.
"Aeryn, I-" he says getting up and wrapping a bathrobe around himself.
"Save it. We're done," I snap and take the lid off of the Starbucks cup and throw it in his face. Tears fall from my eyes. I walk out of the apartment and get in my car. I drive back to my apartment and call my mom.

"Mom, I don't know what to do," I cry into her shoulder. She strokes my hair.
"Maybe you should take a vacation," she suggests. I pull out of her embrace and look at her.
"Where would I go? I don't have that much money," I say. She thinks for a minute.
"Ian!" she exclaims. I look at her confused.
"What?" I ask.
"Your cousin, Ian. He lives in California. I could call and ask if you could stay there for awhile. It'll be good for you to get out of Michigan," she says. I nod.
I hadn't seen Ian in years. Him and his parents used to come visit us every Christmas until they moved to California when we were both eleven.
"I'll go make that phone call," my mom says getting off the couch.
I haven't seen Ian in sixteen years. Would we even get along anymore. We got along when we were kids, but I'm not so sure if we would now.
My mom comes back into the living room. She smiles.
"Bon voyage," she says with a laugh. I smile.
"So when am I leaving?" I ask.
"Tomorrow. I'll order your ticket online for you. Ian is going to pick you up from the airport," she explains. I smile and run down the hall into my bedroom. I grab my suitcase from my closet and start packing clothes.
"Mom!" I yell.
"What?" she asks.
"How long am I staying?" I ask.
"Ian said he has a thing called VidCon in two weeks so you'd have to come home before then unless you wanted to go with," she says.
I pack enough clothes for two weeks. I make sure I have my 3DS in my carry on bag and all of my games. I grab my laptop and put it in my suitcase.
Once I pack all of my things, I walk into the kitchen where my mom is sitting at the counter on her phone.
"Your flight leaves at nine a.m.," she says. I look at the clock.
"It's already midnight," I say. "I should get in the shower then go to bed. You can crash here is you want."
"No," she shakes her head. "I should get going home."
"Alright mom," I hug her. "Thank you."
"No problem, honey," she says hugging me back. She walks out and I hop in the shower. I put on my pajamas and hop into bed. I set an alarm for eight.
The next morning I wake up to the beeping of my alarm. I shut it off and groan. I roll out of bed and put my glasses on. I get dressed. I wear a black t-shirt with Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur from Pokemon on it. I wear blue skinny jeans and black combat boots. I brush my hair and tie it up into a ponytail. I make sure I have all of my things in my suitcase and my carry on backpack. I grab the ticket my mom bought last night off the table. I lock the door and walk out. I ride the elevator down to the first floor. I get in a taxi and tell the driver to go to the airport.
I go through security and all that junk. I sit at the gate and wait for the flight to start boarding.
°*°*°*°*°
I sit down next to the window and wait for the plane to take off. Once the plane finally takes off and we're allowed to have electronics on, I pull out my 3DS and play Pokemon Omega Ruby. I finally catch Groudon when someone speaks behind me.
"Oooh. Is that Pokemon?" the boy asks. I look at him and nod. He smiles.
"My mom says I'm too old for Pokemon," he states. I gasp.
"You're never too old for Pokemon," I laugh. He smiles and sits back. A woman I'm assuming is his mom glares at me. I'm glad I could make him smile. I play Pokemon until we land.
I collect my suitcase from the baggage claim and walk around looking for Ian. I haven't seen him in years I don't even know what he looks like now. I see a brown haired man with a bowl-ish haircut holding a sign that said Aeryn Foxworth. I walk over to him and smile. I drop my backpack and let go of the handle on my suitcase.
"Ian," I breathe out. He smiles and hugs me. He spins me around.
"How's my favorite cousin been?" I ask.
"I'm your only cousin," he says with a laugh. I laugh.
"Com'on let's go to my house," he says. Ian drives to his house. We sing songs that come on the radio all the way there. We pull up to a small white house. He grabs my large suitcase. I sling my backpack over my shoulder.
"You didn't have to grab that I could've-"
"I wanted to," he says. We walk inside and I see another guy sitting on the couch.
"Hey, Ian," He says. He notices me. "Who's this?"