Thirty-Three: Krypto the Superdog

Ian and Anthony let a small husky puppy out of the kennel. A pure white husky stumbles out and stands on the carpetted floor staring at me. I sit down on the floor. It scampers over to me and licks my hand. I pat it on the head and smile.
"Is it a boy or girl?" I ask looking up at Ian.
"Boy," he says simply.
"Does he have a name?" I ask.
"Nope. We were hoping you were creative enough to come up with one for us," Anthony laughs.
"Hmm," I say as names run through my head. "Krypto, like Superman's dog. He's pure white like Krypto too."
"I like that," Ian says looking at Anthony for approval.
"So do I," Anthony agrees. Joven and Flora sit down on the floor and pet the little dog. Ian sits on the counter in the kitchen and Anthony sits at the dining room table.
"Krypto," I call. "Kryyypto."
He scampers over to me. He nudges my hand with his head. I pick him up and cuddle him.
There's a knock at the door. I get up with Krypto still in hand. I open the door. Rosanna and Lasercorn stand there. Lasercorn looks at me apologetically.
"What?" I ask petting Krypto with my thumb.
"Ian invited me-" Lasercorn says.
"Us," Rosanna corrects.
"Invited us to come meet the new puppy," He says.
"Well, here he is," I say. Lasercorn and Rosanna step inside. I set Krypto on the floor.
"What's his name?" Lasercorn asks sitting on the floor patting Krypto's head.
"Krypto," I respond. He snorts and shakes his head in amusement.
"Superman's dog. Really?" Rosanna says in a snotty voice. I roll my eyes.
"Better than Rosanna," I mumble under my breath. Joven snorts next to me, trying to conceal his laughter. Rosanna huffs and crosses her arms. I stand up and walk over to Ian. I sit down on the other side of him.
"Dis you invite anyone else to meet Krypto?" I ask.
"Yeah, uh, Matt," He says scratching the back of his head awkwardly. I nod. Matt and Rosanna probably won't get along...
As if on queue, there's a knock on the door. Lasercorn gets off the floor and open the door. Matt walks inside after Lasercorn greets him.
"Where's this puppy you guys have been talking about getting?" he asks. I motion toward the floor where Krypto is next to Joven and Flora, eyeing Rosanna as if he dislikes her. I don't blame you, Krypto.
"Rosanna?" Matt asks looking down at her.
"Hi, Matty," she says flirtily. He rolls his eyes. "What Matty you don't like seeing me?"
"Not particularly, Rosanna," he says. "It's a bit awkward."
"Well, I mean, if you hadn't broken up with me for Aeryn it wouldn't be awkward," she says slightly annoyed. I scoff.
"He didn't break up with you for me. We aren't even dating," I defend.
"Well, he broke up with me because he wanted to date you. That's super dumb because I'm soooo much prettier than you."
"No, he broke up with you because you're shallow, annoying, and you're a self centered bitch who only cares about looks," I say. Her mouth flies open in shock.
"First of all, bitch, you can't say something like that to me! I only speak my mind, sorry if you can't handle that. Second of all, he shouldn't have broken up with me, I mean, we broke up because of that stupid trial I didn't want him to go to!"
"Get out, Rosanna. I'm done fighting with your dumb ass," I say. She rolls her eyes. She walks toward the door. She whips around.
"David!" she shouts.
"You got kicked out, not me. You can walk, Rose. I told you when we got here that you better not cause trouble," he says calmly.
"But Davey," she whines.
"I believe Aeryn told you to leave, Rose," Lasercorn smirks. Krypto runs over to her and bites her ankle. She screams in anger and walks out the door, slamming it behind her. We all stare at each other in silence. Krypto scampers over to Joven jumps onto him catching him off guard. Joven falls onto his back. Krypto stands in Joven's chest like a proud lion standing over his prey. He barks loudly and them starts wagging his little puppy tail. I laugh and pick up Krypto.
"You little troublemaker," I say. He barks again in response.