Chapter Sixteen: I Think I Love You

I walk into the office and go to the Smosh Games floor of the building. Wes smiles at me as I pass. I walk into the main recording room and sit down at Matt's desk. Lasercorn looks at me.
"Aeryn? I didn't think you'd be here today," he says. I smile.
"Well, I'm here," I laugh.
"How's your head?" He asks.
"Still kinda hurts from the concussion, but not as bad anymore."
"How's Sohinki?" He asks.
"Still recovering, but he's home and okay," I say. "I'm glad. I blame myself."
"You couldn't have known that Carter was going to show up," Lasercorn says.
"I should've known. I can't believe he found out where I was living," I say. Lasercorn gets up and hugs me. I hug him back.
"Thanks, Las-Dave," I say.
"You didn't call me Lasercorn," he says pulling away from the hug and sitting back down.
"I've been calling Sohinki, Matt since he was stabbed. I don't know why. I just... Do," I say.
"Hey, Lasercorn can I-" Joven says walking in, he stops when he sees me. "Aeryn."
"Hey, Joshua," I say with a small wave.
"I heard what happened are you-"
"I'm fine. So is Matt," I answer cutting him off. He hugs me and picks me up out of Matt's chair.
"I'm so glad you're safe. I was so worried," he whispers. I hug him back.
"I forgive you, Joshua," I say. He lets me go and gives me a confused look. "For punching me and getting in a fight with Matt. I forgive you."
He smiles. "Thank you, Aeryn."
Matt walks into the office. He stumbles and almost collapses on the floor. I run over and catch him before he falls.
"Matt, I told you to stay home," I say.
"I was bored, and I didn't want to stay home," He slurs. I feel something wet on his shirt. I pull my hand away. Its his blood. His stitches came out.
"We've got to get you to the hospital!" I exclaim.
"I'll drive. Com'on!" Joven exclaims. David and I carry Matt to Joven's car.

"It seems Mr. Sohinki lost a lot of blood. He needed a blood transfusion," the doctor explains.
"And?" I ask impatiently.
"I don't know when he'll wake up, but I'm sure he'll be fine," the doctor says.
"You should have said he'd be fine before," I say walking passed him and into Matt's room. He's sleeping peacefully on the bed. I slide a chair up next to his bed and look over at him. Dave lays a hand on my shoulder.
"He'll be fine, Aeryn, like the doctor said," he reassures me. I smile weakly at him. We've had way too many hospital visits for the last couple weeks.
Joven stands next to me. He frowns down at Matt.
"I'm sorry," he says.
"Joven, don't beat yourself up over the fight you had. That's in the past," I say to him. He lays a hand on the side of the bed. I grab it and smile up at him.
"Everything will be okay. I promise," I say. Matt stirs slightly. I look over at him waiting for him to wake up. He doesn't. I look down at my shoes. Dave steps out of the room. Joven slides a chair up next to mine.
"You love him?" He asks. I look at him surprised. I sigh.
"Yeah, I think so," I reply. He sighs.
"Joshua," I say. "I'm not the right girl for you anyway. I don't deserve a guy like you."
"Aeryn, you're beautiful and smart, plus you play video games, you're a geeky guy's dream," he says.
"How about I set you up with a friend from Michigan. She's like me, but she's a book geek more than a gamer geek. She plays games though, sometimes," I say with a smile. He nods, smiling. "I call her tonight and you guys can Skype or something."
Lasercorn walks back into the room and hands me a coffee. Joven gets up and walks out with a large grin on his face.
"What's with him?" Lasercorn asks.
"I'm setting him up with a friend from Michigan," I say.
"I thought you and him-" he trails off.
"No. Not anymore," I smile. Matt stirs again and sits up.
"Hey. Hey, lie down," I say softly.
"Aeryn?" he asks. Lasercorn leaves the room with a wink at me.
"Yeah, it's me," I say.
"I had a dream about you," he says weakly.
"Oh yeah?" I ask.
"Yeah. We lived in my apartment and we had a dog. He was a chocolate lab. His name was Spock. We were happy," he says. I smile at him.
"Aeryn?"
"Yeah?"
"I think I love you."