Fourty-Six: The Proposal

~Two years later~
"Aeryn!" I hear someone call down the hall. I turn around and Matt is running at me. I smile.
"What?" I ask.
"So, tonight is our two year anniversary and I was thinking we could go somewhere. I mean, Collin will be at Lylah's house anyway," Matt says. I nod quickly.
"Where are we going?" I ask. He smiles.
"That's a surprise," he says and walks away without another word.
"Com'on!" I call after him. "Not even a hint."
He turns and shakes his head. "You're too smart, you'd figure it out." I smile at him and walk down to my office. I start editing some new videos and listening to music.

"Wear something nice," Matt says down the hall.
"Okay," I respond looking through our closet. I pick out a dress that's the same mint green color I wore on our first date. This dress is strapless and flows down to mid-calf. I walk into the bathroom and curl my hair. I pin my bangs back and walk back into the bedroom to put on my white heels.

I walk out into the living room and see Matt standing there in a tuxedo. His hair isn't as messy as it usually is. He holds a bouquet of white and red roses. He hands them to me.
"Oh, Matt, they're beautiful," I say taking them out of his hands. He smiles at me.
"You said you liked white and red roses," he states. I smile and nod. "Lets get going."
Matt walks me out to his car and opens the door for me. I thank him and sit in the passenger's seat. He gets in the car and starts it.
"Oh!" he exclaims. "Before we go, put this on." He hands me a blindfold.
"Really, Matt?" I ask. He nods.
"Trust me the surprise will be worth it," He says. I sigh.
"Fine, only because I trust you," I say with a small smile. I put the blindfold on.

The car stops and Matt opens the door for me. He starts leading me somewhere. The ground is soft and squishy. It's hard to walk on it in heels.
"Wait," I say stopping. Matt stops next to me.
"What?"
"Let me take my heels off," I say.
"No. Keep them on. It'll be less of a surprise if you take them off. Besides, we're almost there," He says. I sigh and nod.

Matt helps me walk up a set of stairs. They sound like wood under the clacking of my heels. We walk down the wooden sounding floor. We stop and I feel a railing in front of me.
"Okay," Matt says. "You can take the blind fold off."
I remove the blindfold and see the beach that leads out to the ocean out in front of me. I smile. I realize that this is the gazebo from our first date. I smile. The lights are strung up exactly as they were that night.
"Matt," I say turning around. Matt is on one knee and has a black box in his hand. I cover my mouth with my hands in shock. I feel happiness tears form in my eyes.
"Aeryn Penelope Foxworth, we've been together for two years now and I think we're both ready for this. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asks. I smile and pull my hands away from my mouth.
"Yes," I say. He stands up and kisses me passionately. My arms wrap around his neck and I pull him closer to me.
"I love you," I say once we pull away.
"I love you more," he says. I shake my head with a smile.
"I doubt that."