Chapter 6

The 3 boys started closing in on him. He did a fighting stance and prepared himself. He knew little about fights but not as little as knowing how to defend himself.

"You think you can beat us, kid?", Tadashi mocked.

"It won't hurt to try.", Naruto said.

Tadashi rushed towards him and began to deliver a blow to Naruto's face but Naruto dodged. Next came Kyouji who landed a sharp blow to the gut, making Naruto spit blood. Then came Akiro who landed a punch on Naruto's face.

The 3 boys simultaneously attacked him, making Naruto fall to the ground. He was bleeding and bruised badly. But they didn't stop beating him even though he was already down. And if that wasn't enough, they began to shout out insults at him.

"Told you. It's a 3-on-1. You don't stand a chance against us.", Kyouji boasted.

"Hey!", a voice behind them shouted.

The 3 boys watched behind them to see who it was.

"Stop that right now or I'll call the cops!", a little pinkette threatened.

The 3 boys ran away as they don't want to be discovered. The pinkette watched where the boys went to make sure they don't come back. When the coast was clear, she ran towards the bleeding Naruto who was slowly healing. She kneeled beside him.

"Hey. Are you okay?", she sweetly asked.

Naruto managed to sit up and wipe the blood off his mouth. He looked down embarassingly.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Thanks for helping.", he sniffed.

"What's your name?", she asked.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto.", Naruto introduced.

"My name is Haruno Sakura.", she introduced with a smile.

He looked up to see who his savior was. Once he did, his heart melted. The girl had emerald green eyes and short pink hair. He thought he just saw an angel.

"Pretty...",Naruto thought aloud.

Sakura giggled. Naruto blushed as he realized what he did and rubbed his head sheepishly.

"Thank you.", she said.

Naruto began to stand up but he felt a sharp pain in his stomach and was about to collapse if it weren't for Sakura who caught his fall.

"Careful.", she said.

Dark clouds began to cover the sky which signalled rain coming.

"I better go home. It's getting dark already.", Naruto informed.

"Let's get you to a hospital first.", she said.

"I'm okay. I just need to go home now.", he said.

Sakura hesitantly let him go.

"Naruto, will you be my friend?", she asked while blushing.

Naruto's eyes widened.

"Are you sure?", he asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?", she said.

"Well... the villagers think I'm dangerous and I shouldn't have existed.", he sadly said.

"That's mean! A cute boy like you isn't dangerous!", she argued.

Naruto blushed.

"Let's meet at the swing in front of the academy tomorrow.", Sakura said.

"Okay.", he replied.

Sakura kissed his cheek before letting him go which made him blush madly.

"See you tomorrow, Naruto-kun!", she said before trotting away.

Naruto stood in his place while clutching his painful stomach. He can't believe a girl just kissed him. He touched his right cheek where she kissed him.

Realizing the rain is about to fall, he ran towards the comfort of his home which was in an apartment.

And so goes his day where he met his first friend.