Chapter 42

Tazuna nodded to them.

Team 7 nodded back as Naruto softened his gaze at the old man.

"I expect you all to complete his mission. Report mission status every week. Understood?", the Sandaime said.

"Hai!", Team 7 said in unison.

"Pack your bags. Meet me at the village gates. You are all dismissed.", Hiruzen said then waved them off.

Team 7 left without a word while Tazuna stayed. Tazuna approached the Sandaime.

"What's wrong with that kid?", Tazuna asked.

Hiruzen immediately knew who he was talking about. He sighed.

"It's a law of mine not to tell anything about him to foreigners. I advice you not to provoke him in the future.", the Sandaime calmly said.

"Why'd you send someone who has anger management issues to protect me?!", Tazuna complained, slamming his hands on the Sandaime's desk.

"Excuse me! This is the Sandaime of Konoha you're talking to! Show some respect!", Iruka reprimanded.

"Naruto is the best Genin, for your information. The team I assigned to escort and protect you consisted of the Top 3 Genin this year. I don't get why you're complaining.", Hiruzen explained.

"That kid, as I can see, is dangerous! That's why!", Tazuna said.

"Naruto is not dangerous. He can be violent when provoked at times but he is a sensitive, caring, and wonderful boy. So suck it up!", Hiruzen said, his voice rising and his anger boiling.

Tazuna kept his mouth shut. He knew better than to anger the Hokage himself.

"Gomen.", he muttered.

"Apology accepted. Now, come with me. I believe they are now waiting for us. I don't want to hear any complaints concerning Naruto, understood?", Hiruzen said, as he stood up and walked to the door.

"Clear.", Tazuna said.

"Good.", Hiruzen said as he opened the door and exited.