Chapter 47

Naruto nodded.

So did Sasuke and Sakura.

As soon as they held their weapons, a missing nin charged towards them. Naruto threw a shuriken towards him and he hit a vital organ. 6 more appeared and charged towards Kakashi. Kakashi began to fight them.

6 nins emerged from the trees and charged towards Naruto and Sasuke. Both engaged 3 in hand to hand combat. Sakura stayed behind to defend Tazuna. After a few minutes of fighting, there were no nins left to fight.

They were bleeding and a few wounds were found all their family but none too serious.

"Well... that went better than expected.", Kakashi said.

Naruto chuckled. Unknown to them, one missing nin stealthily approached Sakura. Naruto sensed him and turned around.
His eyes widened as the missing nin pulled out a kunai and was about to stab her.

"Sakura-chan!", he shouted.

Sakura turned around and screamed. The nin lowered the kunai towards her, she braces for impact and clamped her eyes shut. She heard the sickening sound of blood spluttering but she didn't feel any pain.

She felt something warm and wet on her face and realized it was blood. But what shocked her was the fact that it wasn't hers.

She slowly opened her eyes to Naruto, his back facing her. Her eyes widened. She tilted her head and saw the kunai penetrated deep in his chest.

"N-Naruto?", she said.

She saw him cough up blood before he went limp and collapsed on the ground. She immediately knelt beside him.

"Naruto!!", she called out.

She saw the missing nin about to hit her so she hugged Naruto's body close to her.

Sasuke got a kunai from his holster, charged towards the missing nin and stabbed the said target right in his heart. The missing nin immediately died and collapsed as well.

He knelt beside Naruto as well. Kakashi and Tazuna rushed towards the trio. Tazuna knelt down beside him and checked his pulse.

"Missed his heart. He's still alive.", Tazuna announced.

Sakura perked up.

"Really?!", she asked.

"We have to hurry!", Sasuke urged.

Kakashi carried Naruto behind his back.

"Tazuna-san, where is your house?", he asked.

"Follow me.", Tazuna said and ran to the direction of his house with Team 7 trailing behind him.

Sakura stared at Naruto's unconscious figure with blood trickling down the corner with his mouth. Tears steamed down her beautiful face.

'Please be okay. You still need to know how much I love you.', Sakura pleaded silently.