Chapter 27

Sakura charged first towards Kakashi, a plan forming in her mind.

She attacked first with a miss on purpose. She allowed Kakashi to attack her and she blocked or dodged to avoid getting hit.

'She's not bad in blocking and dodging, I'll give her that.', Kakashi thought.

She began to back up as Kakashi moved forward. The area where Naruto and Sasuke are waiting is fast approaching and there are only approximately 30-40 minutes left before they all fail and go back to the academy.

She promised that she wouldn't fail, for Naruto, at least. And for Sasuke, too. But mostly for Naruto.

'Almost there!', she thought.

Inner Sakura cheered her on, repeatedly reminding her that it was all for Naruto.

At last, she was in the middle of their 'ambush zone' where Naruto had summoned at least 20 clones after she left. Naruto saw her battling with Kakashi and he was impressed by her Taijutsu.

She began to take matters seriously as she leveled up her power and attacked Kakashi. They were both parrying, Kakashi obviously taking it easy on her. She landed a few small blows here and there while Kakashi kept blocking, dodging, and parrying.

"Looked like our roles have been switched, eh, sensei?", Sakura teased.

Kakashi smiled a little.

Naruto nodded to Sasuke who was a few meters on front of him on a same level of branch as his. Sasuke nodded back. They jumped from their hideouts and the clones followed, heading straight for Kakashi.

Kakashi was impressed.

'I might've underestimated them a bit. Especially the blondie. I bet he is the boy Hokage-sama has been talking about.', Kakashi thought.

Sakura jumped back to join Naruto and Sasuke while the clones threw kunais and shurikens towards Kakashi. Kakashi, of course, was occupied and didn't notice the 3 approaching him.

When they reached him, the clones dispersed and they attacked Kakashi. Naruto kept him occupied while Sasuke and Sakura were trying to grab the bells without being noticed.

For a few more minutes, they were still fighting each other when Naruto grabbed a kunai and cut the bells out of his belt. He grabbed the bells, and together with his teammates, jumped back.

They were all panting and sweating. Kakashi noticed that is was already noon and the bells were missing from his belt. He gave a thumbs up to the 3 of them.

"Looks like you all passed. How did you find out how to defeat me?", Kakashi said.

"Easy. Teamwork.", Naruto said.

Kakashi smiled.

"Correct. I want you to remember what a teammate once told me. He said,'One who breaks the rules is considered scum but if one leaves behind a friend is worse than scum.'", Kakashi explained.

The 3 of them nodded.

"You know, you were the first team to understand the importance of teamwork.", Kakashi proclaimed.

"Really?!", Sakura asked.

"Yeah.", Kakashi said.

The 3 high fived each other for their accomplishment.

"Okay. Now that we're done, let's go get ramen for your success.", Kakashi said.

Naruto's ears perked up as soon as he heard that word. He jumped and extended his hands toward the sky.

"Ramen!!", Naruto cheered and rushed to Ichiraku's Ramen Stand first.

Kakashi sweatdropped while Sasuke and Sakura chuckled.

'Even though he can be a knucklehead, my love for him will never change.', Sakura thought.

'Oh, brother.', Sasuke thought.