Chapter 38

Sakura stared at the white circle at the back of his shirt.

Correction, her father's shirt. It was her clan's crest. Her thoughts began to drift off to the male beside her. She was ecstatic to hear that he'd be sleeping beside her.

Don't get her wrong, she was dreadfully tired to get the futon but at the same time, she would get to sleep with her crush. It was as if her prayers were answered, not to mention she doesn't pray but rather plead.

"G'night, Sakura-chan.", Naruto sleepily said.

"Good night.", she said back.

She was tempted to hug him and feel his warmth mingle with hers but she fought back the urge.

'Come on! You have your chance! Pouce on him if you must!, Inner Sakura urged.

'I can't. What if he'll think I'm a weirdo or something?', Sakura argued with her Inner.

'You have your crush right in front of you! This is a one of a lifetime chance! Don't blow it!', Inner Sakura insisted.

'I admit, it's dreadfully tempting but...', Sakura thought, trying to find the right words.

'But what?! You can't even explain why and you're arguing?! It's only a hug! I'm sure he won't mind!'

'Well... if you say so.'

Sakura shakily leaned closer to Naruto and snaked her arm around his waist. Naruto who was beginning to drift off to sleep was fully awakened by the feeling of an arm around his waist.

He was afraid to look back as Sakura cuddled against his back. He felt his cheeks get warm and he knew he was blushing. He slightly looked over his shoulder as Sakura slowly began to let sleep take over, making her tighten her grip around Naruto's waist.

Naruto blushed more and finally decided to let her be and focus on trying to sleep. He closed his eyes and breathed through his nose, trying to calm his heavily beating heart.

'Oh, man, should I leave her like this?', Naruto wondered.

He finally let the thought go as he began to slowly fall asleep.

'Thank Kami he didn't react.', Sakura mentally sighed.

'See? Told ya he wouldn't mind. You should start having some faith on me next time.', Inner Sakura stuck out a tongue at Sakura.

'Maybe you're right. But I still can't trust you that much.', Sakura mentally snapped back.

'Aww! Why not?! I helped you fulfill your fantasy of having our Naruto-kun sleep with you!', Inner Sakura pouted.

'True, but who knows? Maybe you'll trick me into having sex with him even though he doesn't want to.'

'Hmph! Ingrate!'

An with that, Inner Sakura broke contact with her 'container'. Sakura cuddled closer to Naruto, savoring his warmth.

'He's so... warm.', she thought,smiling.

Unknown to her, Naruto was mentally screaming on how he finally got his Sakura-chan to sleep with him. And with that, he fell asleep.

Sakura checked to see if he was sleeping and found him lightly snoring. She giggled quietly.

'He's so cute.', she thought.

She felt sleepiness take over her once again but before she succumbed to slumber, murmured.

"I love you.", she murmured.

Thankfully, she found Naruto already sleeping and smiled. She slept rather peacefully that night with ecstacy mixing up with it.