Chapter 30

The next morning, Naruto woke up early and did his daily morning routines.

After that, he began to head towards the bridge where Kakashi said they will meet. He leaned on the edge and crossed his arms, waiting for his teammates. He was thinking to himself about who might Sakura's crush be.

'I wonder if it's Sasuke or anyone in our class.', he thought.

He kept pondering about who might be the lucky guy that he didn't notice Sasuke arrive. The guy had to snap his fingers to get Naruto's attention.

"Hey. Is the dobe in there?", Sasuke teased.

Naruto snapped out of his thoughts and turned to face Sasuke.

"Oh, Sasuke. Didn't see ya there.", Naruto said, rubbing his neck.

Sasuke leaned on the bridge beside Naruto.

"Are you feeling okay?", Sasuke asked.

"Yeah. I'm good. Just thinking.", Naruto said.

"Thinking? About what?", Sasuke asked.

Naruto sighed.

"You remember about Sakura saying that she likes someone?", Naruto asked.

"Oh... Sakura. You thinking about who it might be, am I right?", Sasuke asked.

"Yeah. I mean... I haven't even noticed her act different with someone.", Naruto said.

"You can be oblivious sometimes, you know?", Sasuke said, rubbing his forehead.

"Wait. You know who?!"

"Obviously."

"Who?! Tell me who! Is it you? Shikamaru? No, Lee!"

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, you dobe! You know, why don't you ask her yourself?"

"Nah... you know how I act when I get serious around her, ya know? Besides, I'm not even sure she's gonna tell me. Come on, Sasuke. Just tell me."

"To tell you the truth, I'm not in the place to tell you who she likes. Only Sakura can share that information with you."

Naruto sighed.

"I guess...", he said.

Sasuke stood in silence while Naruto stared at the water under the bridge. Sasuke began to think about something that haunted him for so long.

"Hey, Naruto.", he said.

"Yeah?", the blond asked, facing him.

"Do you have a crush on Sakura?", Sasuke asked.

"Nani?! N-No!", Naruto denied.

"Don't deny. I know about how you feel about her. I can see it in your actions."

"That obvious, huh?"

"Yup."

"Well, yes."

"Since when?"

"Since the first time I saw her."

"What is it about her that got your attention? All I can see about her is her huge forehead. No wonder when I first met her Ino calls her forehead."

"I find her forehead cute. And not only her forehead. I also like her long, pink hair, her emerald green eyes, her sincere smiles... basically, I like everything about her."

"You know, you have loved Sakura since we were 6 but why haven't you told her about your feelings yet? We're already 14. Do you think it's about time she knows?"

"I figured I had to find the right time. I don't wanna rush things, ya know? I'm still planning about how I will get her to be alone with me so that I could confess."

"For once, what you learned in the academy won't help you with the affairs of the heart."

"Wow. Since when did you become a poet?"

"It came to mind."

"Yeah, right. That's coming from someone who runs away from girls. Seriously, are you gay?"

"No way! I only find girls annoying, that's all."

Naruto laughed.

"Hardy har har.", Sasuke said, rolling his eyes at him.