Chapter 23

The next day, Naruto arrived early to find out about who will be his teammates.

He hoped Sasuke and Sakura will be with him. They have grown comfortable with each other since they were small and they were an inseperable trio. Being with other kids besides them makes him uncomfortable. He's used to being with them most of the time.

But since each Genin teams must compose 2 smart asses and one class failure, he hoped Iruka would reconsider.

Once he arrived, he sat down in his usual chair and waited for Sasuke and Sakura to arrive. Sasuke did in 5 minutes. He sat beside the blond and began chatting with him. 10 minutes later, Sakura arrived and joined them.

Sakura wore her hitai-ate as a headband which Naruto thought was cute on her.

In a little while, all new Genins entered the room with Iruka the last to enter. He stood in front of them all.

"Kids, today is the day you will know your Genin teams. As you all know, a team must compose at least 2 with good grades and 1 with a failure in class. But since we are short in 1 failure of that kind, 1 team will have 3 with good grades.", Iruka started.

Naruto looked at both Sasuke and Sakura and knew they were thinking the same thing he was thinking. They hoped it was their team.

"Let's start.", Iruka said.

He began announcing the teams. The first team had Nara Shikamaru, Yamanaka Ino, and Akimichi Choji and their sensei is Sarutobi Asuma. The second had Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, a bug master, and Hyuuga Hinata and their sensei is Yuuhi Kurenai.

The third he called was composed of Hyuuga Neji, Hinata's cocky cousin, Rock Lee, and a girl named Tenten and their sensei was Maito Gai.

"Team 7: Uzumaki Naruto, Haruno Sakura, and Uchiha Sasuke! Your sensei will be Hatake Kakashi!", Iruka annouced.

Naruto and Sakura high-fived while Sasuke just smiled, happiness clear in his expression. Though the girls complained by not having Sasuke in their team.

"You will meet your Jounin senseis in a while.", Iruka said.

A knock was heard. Iruka opened it and the senseis were outside. In 30 minutes or so, all the other Genins left with their senseis, leaving Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura alone in the room, still waiting for their sensei.

Naruto groaned aloud.

"Damn it! Where is he?!", Naruto complained.

"It's been 2 hours!", Sakura complained as well.

Meanwhile, Sasuke sat there, completely calm.

"Oi, teme! How can you be so calm and collected at this time?!", Naruto said.

"You just need to be patient, dobe.", Sasuke replied, though inside, he was practically groaning from the waiting.

Naruto pouted. Then his face lit up as though he had thought of something, which he did. He began to get a pail and fill it with chalk dust which he got from the chalk ledge. He opened the door slightly and placed the pail on top of the door.

"What the hell are you doing, dobe?!", Sasuke said.

"What do you think? Revenge. He can't keep us waiting like this.", Naruto said.

Naruto jumped back to his seat, chuckling like crazy.

"Naruto, he's a Jounin. There's no way he'd fall-", Sakura was cut off as a silver haired man walked to the trap, his hair now covered with chalk dust.

Naruto laughed out loud at his success while Sakura giggled slightly. Sasuke tried to hide a smirk but failed miserably.

"He fell for it! He's a Jounin and he fell for it!", Naruto teased in between laughs.

The man looked lazy. He had his left eye hidden by his hitai-ate and he had a mask covering half of his face. He wore a dark blue jumpsuit and a green vest over it. He had an orange pocket book in his hand.

He dusted himself off, put the pocket book in his weapon holster, and looked lazily at the trio. He spoke in a lazy tone.

"My first impression on you three is... you're all idiots.", the man said.

The 3 looked at him in disbelief.

"Meet me on the roof in 2 minutes.", he said then poofed away in a cloud of smoke.

Sasuke glanced at Naruto.

"Nice going, dobe.", Sasuke said.

Naruto chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.