Chapter 46

Naruto's eyes widened.

Sakura covered her mouth with her hands, preventing her tears to fall.

Sasuke scowled.

"Sensei...", Naruto murmured.

Tazuna's eyes widened at the sight of Kakashi's separated body pieces. Naruto growled at the missing nin and charged at him.

"Naruto!!", Sasuke called.

Sakura's eyes widened at Naruto's charging figure. She was about to go after him when Sasuke stopped her.

"It's too dangerous. We have to protect Tazuna.", Sasuke said.

"But-", she was cut off.

"I assure you. Naruto can handle himself. He's the best, remember? All we can do now is put our trust in him. You do trust him, right?", Sasuke said.

Sakura nodded.

Naruto summoned 30 clones and pulled out 2 kunais holding one in each hand.

"Stay with Tazuna!!", one of the clones said to Sasuke and Sakura.

The real Naruto disappeared and reappeared behind the missing nin that killed Kakashi and stabbed his head and heart. The clones attacked the other missing nins.

The real one was about to charge at the last missing nin a few feet away when Kakashi popped out from the trees and killed the said target. The Genins' eyes widened.

"Sensei!!", Naruto and Sakura said in unison.

"What?! How?!", Sasuke asked.

"Well, first, I'm a Jounin. I was a tad hurt for being assumed dead. And second, I used an illusion to fake my death.", Kakashi said.

Sasuke noticed his left eye had a Sharingan and his eyes widened.

"W-Why do you have a Sharingan? I thought it can only be activated by my clan?", Sasuke asked, stunned.

"It was given to me by an Uchiha teammate.", Kakashi said.

"Who?", Sasuke asked.

"Let's discuss that later. For now, let's get to Tazuna's house before it gets dark.", Kakashi said.

Naruto disposed his clones. The group continued their walk. For a few minutes, everything was silent when Naruto noticed a chakra signature somewhere behind the trees.

"Stop!", Naruto said.

The Jounin looked at Naruto.

"You can sense it, too, huh?", Kakashi asked.

Naruto nodded.

"Sense what?", Sakura asked.

"Concealed chakra. Shinobi conceal their chakra to prevent from being detected. It's perfect for assassinations or ambushes.", Kakashi asked.

"If it's concealed and only the Sharingan can sense it, why can you, Naruto?", Sasuke asked.

"I don't know why but I can feel it.", Naruto said.

"How many are they?", Tazuna asked, visibly shaking.

"About more than 10.", Naruto said.

"What?!", Sakura said.

"That's enough! Ready your weapons! Protect Tazuna at all costs!", Kakashi ordered.