Chapter 19

Before they were sent home, they were given an announcement.

"Okay. Tomorrow, you will know your teams and your Jounin sensei. Since you're all Genins now, you will be taking D-rank missions. Understood?", Iruka announced.

"Hai!!", they said.

"Okay. You may go.", Iruka said.

All the students went out of the room. Before Naruto could get out of the academy, Mizuki stopped him.

"Naruto, may I have a word with you?", Mizuki asked.

"Sure, Mizuki-sensei.", Naruto said.

"I want you to get something for me.", Mizuki said.

"What is it?", Naruto asked.

"It's in a room in the Hokage tower. It's the only room on the top most floor. It's a big red scroll at the back of the room. I left it there while I was on a mission debriefing. Can I count on you to get it?"

"Don't you worry, sensei! I'll get it for ya!"

"Oh, and can you give it to me tonight? I'll be waiting in here."

"Alright. See ya later, sensei!"

And with that, Naruto ran off to his apartment. Mizuki looked to where Naruto went then smirked venomously.

'Finally. Someone to do my bidding.', Mizuki thought and mentally cackled.

Later that night, while the villagers were tucking in for the night, Naruto made his way stealthily to the Hokage tower. The Sandaime has just went out of his office. Naruto entered through window of his office before the Sandaime locked it.

He looked around to see if anyone is still in the place. When the coast was clear, he made his way to the top floor. Once he arrived, he saw a red door. There was a sign but since it was already night time, he couldn't make out what it read.

He approached the door and silently opened it. In the room were a lot of scrolls, big and small. He recalled what Mizuki-sensei described his scroll.

'What did he say again? Big red scroll? At the back of the room?', he thought.

He walked to the back of the room and saw the big red scroll Mizuki-sensei talked about. It was at least 3 feet tall. He began to get it but was curious of what the scroll contained. He slowly laid it to the ground and carefully opened it.

He read, Kage Bunshin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Jutsu).

"Wow. I haven't seen this technique before. They didn't even teach us in the academy.", Naruto murmured silently.

He began reading the instructions and memorizing them the way he studies his lessons. By 2 minutes, he was done and was about to do the hand signs when the lights turned on and a familiar voice called out.

"Naruto?", Iruka called.

Naruto stared in horror at his sensei who just arrived.

"What the hell are you doing here?!", Iruka angrily demanded.

"I-I was just getting this scroll for Mizuki-sensei. He said he left it here. And he sent me here to get it for him.", Naruto shakily explained.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!! Mizuki sent you here?!", Iruka asked.

"Y-Yeah.", Naruto admitted.

"Didn't you read the sign outside?"

"No. I couldn't see anything since the lights were off."

Iruka sweatdropped and sighed.

"It's hard to believe you're first in your class when you can be an idiot sometimes.", Iruka stated.

Naruto rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Just then, Iruka's face became serious.

"This place is classified. Only the Jounins and the higher ranks know about this place.", Iruka explained.

"What is this place anyway, sensei?", Naruto asked, curiosity piqued.

"It's where the Forbidden Jutsus are kept.", Iruka replied.

Naruto gulped, face expressing shock.

'Forbidden Jutsus?', he thought.

He examined the scroll once again and unrolled it back. He put it back to rest on the wall then stood up. He bowed his head in respect to Iruka.

"Gomenasai, sensei.", Naruto apologized.

"It's okay, Naruto. You are a good shinobi and can easily be trusted. It wasn't your fault.", Iruka reassured him.

Naruto stood straight.

"What do we do now, sensei?", Naruto asked.

Iruka thought of a plan.

"I have an idea.", Iruka said.