Chapter 52

Sakura woke up, sweating.

"Sakura-chan?", a familiar voice said.

She raised her head to see ocean blue orbs staring back at her. Her eyes widened in realization and began to water.

"Are you okay?", Naruto asked, sitting up.

Sakura's tears flowed freely in happiness.

"Naruto!", she said, her arms engulfing him in a tight hug.

Naruto was a bit surprised at the act but kept silent and held her in his arms.

"You're alive...", she murmured repeatedly.

"Shhh... it's okay. I'm here.", he reassured her, rubbing her back soothingly.

It took a while for her to calm down and when she did, she pulled away. He smiled at her, making her melt inside so she smiled back.

Naruto felt a jolt if pain in his chest, making him wince which did not go unnoticed by Sakura.

"You okay?", she asked, her face full of worry.

He winced again, closing his left eye. He noticed her worried face and smiled, leaning on the bed board.

"Yeah, just... my chest hurts a little.

"Okay. Stay here. I'll get sensei.", Sakura said.

"Yeah... like I'm going anywhere.", he murmured, low enough for her not to hear.

She exited the room but not before glancing at him one last time. Naruto did the same too before he went back to staring at the ceiling.

He placed his right hand on his bandaged chest where the pain resonated and rubbed the said area.

'Feeling a little uncomfortable, I see.', a voice inside his head boomed.

'K-Kyuubi?!', Naruto thought, shocked.

'Surprise.', Kyuubi chuckled.

'H-How were you-', he was cut off.

'-able to communicate with you?', Kyuubi finished.

Naruto nervously nodded.

'It's simple, really. When you found me, it meant that you broke the barrier preventing me from communicating to you.', Kyuubi explained, rather calmly.

'So... it means you and I can communicate, like... telekinesis?', Naruto asked.

'Telekinesis is another term, baka. But it can be associated to it.', Kyuubi snarled.

Naruto felt the jolt of pain again and kept rubbing his chest.