Chapter 33

The trio entered the room.

They found the Hokage sitting on his desk with Kakashi leaning on the wall beside him and a fat lady with fancy garments sitting in front of him.

"Why, hello again, Team 7. I suppose you have brought us the items you were required to retrieve?", Hiruzen said.

"Yup.", Naruto said, giving him a thumbs up.

"Oh, and by the way, this lady here is Kanami.", Hiruzen introduced the fat lady.

"Konichiwa!", Kanami said.

The cat jumped from Naruto's arms and ran to the Kanami. The lady took her in her arms, hugging her.

"Oh, Ms. Mittens, where have you been?!", Kanami scolded her cat.

Sasuke approached her and handed her the earrings.

"I guess this is yours as well.", Sasuke said.

Kanami turned to Sasuke and smiled at him.

"Arigato.", she said while wearing her earrings.

Sakura approached her and handed her the basket. Kanami smiled at her gratefully.

"Arigato, Team 7. I want to give you something in return for finding these things for me.", Kanami offered.

"Nah, it's fine. We're just happy you got those back.", Naruto said, smiling.

Kanami quickly noticed the blond boy with whiskered-cheeks.

"Aren't you that kid the villagers keep cursing?", Kanami asked.

Naruto nodded slowly, trying to hide whatever emotions he would produce. Kanami smiled at Naruto which made him confused.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt or curse you. I am not like those cowards. Those villagers don't know what they're missing. You're no demon.", Kanami said.

Naruto smiled at her.

"Thanks for the compliment.", he said.

Kanami smiled back.

"Well... I'll be going then. Arigato, Hokage-sama, Kakashi-san.", Kanami said.

Kanami exited the room, leaving the them with a confused Sasuke and Sakura.

'No wonder Naruto was always shunned. The villagers think he's a demon when he is actually a complete opposite. After I kill Itachi, I will go after them and kick their cowardly asses.', Sasuke thought.

'Naruto-kun? A demon? That's impossible!', Sakura thought.

'Naruto-kun is too cute and hot to be a demon! And why the hell does everybody hate him?!', Inner Sakura complained.

'If only they can see the Naruto I see, then they might take it easy on him.', Sakura thought.

'We should follow him later and try to find out why he is being treated like this. Ooh, those nasty villagers!', Inner Sakura thought making Sakura agree.

It seemed even Hiruzen and Kakashi have been speechless by that lady's proclamation. As far as Kakashi knows, Naruto is rendered sort-of-famous due to the fact that the Kyuubi was sealed inside him and thus, is the reason he is being avoided.

The villagers and even some shinobi blame Naruto for the Kyuubi's fault. 'Tis a curse Naruto will bear for the rest of his life.

Naruto noticed his teammates being silent so he had to break the awkward silence.

"About the second mission, Hokage-sama...", Naruto started.

"Oh, yeah. About that... I will brief you tomorrow on that one. See you all tomorrow.", he said then with a wave of his hand, he dismissed them.

They bowed respectively then exited the room.