Chapter 49

Tazuna and his daughter exited the room.

Tazuna approached Kakashi who was leaning at the back of the couch. Sasuke and Sakura noticed him and immediately stood up.

"How is he?! Is he okay?!", Sakura rambled.

"It's all taken care of. He's alive. Don't worry but he'll be out a couple of hours or so.", Tazuna explained.

Kakashi sighed.

"Arigato, Tazuna-san.", Kakashi said.

"It's alright, Kakashi-san. It's the least I can do after you and your team protected me. Gomen if I underestimated them.", Tazuna said.

"It's fine. You were drunk back then.", Sasuke reassured him.

"Sensei, can I go see him?", Sakura asked.

"Sure.", Kakashi said.

Sakura rushed to the room where Naruto was. She slowly opened the door and saw him peacefully lying on the bed with bandages covering his upper torso.

She approached his sleeping figure and sat on a chair at the bedside. She stared at him for a few seconds, grateful to Tazuna and his daughter for making sure he lived.

She remembered the conversation she had with Sasuke earlier and was feeling a little uneasy.

'I wonder who the lucky girl is...', she thought sadly.

'Cheer up. I'm pretty sure the girl he likes won't notice him anyway. Most of those bitches like Sasuke.', Inner Sakura said.

'I don't get what they see in him, you know? I mean... sure, he's good-looking and smart but... he's an arrogant prick. All he wants is to get stronger.'

'You got that right. But even if one of those bitches like Naruto-kun, we will never let them take him away from us. And that Hyuuga girl is no exception.'

'It's obvious Hinata likes Naruto-kun but she won't have any chance at him, anyway. I won't let her take Naruto-kun away from me.'

'You go, girl!'

Sakura smiled. She wouldn't have to worry about any girl taking away Naruto from her, she wouldn't let them. They'd have to go through her first.