Chapter 45

Finally.

"Oh, there you are, Kakashi.", the Sandaime sarcastically said.

"About time you showed up!", Naruto complained.

"Where have you been?!", Sakura complained as well.

"We have been waiting forever for you!", Tazuna joined in as well.

"Ingrate.", Sasuke murmured.

Kakashi sweatdropped.

"Gomenasai for being late.", was all he said.

Hiruzen sighed. They have been waiting for at least an hour and a half for the jounin to show up.

"Okay. Let's not waste any more time. Team 7, I entrust our client to you. I wish you luck. You may go now.", Hiruzen said.

"Hai!", Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke said in unison.

"Don't worry! You can count on us, old man!", Naruto said, flashing a toothy smile and giving the Sandaime a thumbs up.

"I know I can, Naruto.", Hiruzen said, smiling.

And so, Team 7 left with Tazuna to embark on their first mission outside the village. They journeyed for at least 3 days to arrive in the Wave.

They came to a misty forest where they have to go through to get to Tazuna's house.

"It's only a few miles from here.", Tazuna reassured the tired team.

Kakashi noticed a puddle in front of him and began to get suspicious. The puddle wasn't there before. A few more puddles appeared around them.

Kakashi got into a defensive stance and faced away from his team.

"Protect Tazuna at any costs!", Kakashi ordered his team.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura immediately circled around Tazuna and did a defensive stamce. Kakashi pulled up his hitai-ate, revealing his left eye... which was a Sharingan, the Uchiha clan's bloodline. His left eye had a scar across it.

Just then, a man that looked a lot like a missing nin, jumped from the puddle with something that looked a lot like a steel whip with sharp edges along the whip. The missing nin threw it towards Kakashi, trapping him in the sharp whip.

The missing nin pulled at the whip, squeezing Kakashi and creating wounds on his body. A few more pulls and Kakashi's body was separated into pieces.

Naruto's eyes widened.