Blaze

Y/N's POV

Y/N slammed her fist into the door. She had tried everything to get out, but nothing had worked. She slumped down in the middle of her cell and was taking out her iPod, the only object she had with her, when a quiet voice spoke up.
"Shadow? Is that you?"
Instantly, she was on guard, "Who's there?"

"Oh. You're not Shadow."
"Do you mean Shadow the Hedgehog?"
"Yes, why?"
"I know him pretty well."
"Oh, then you must be a friend. I'm Blaze the Cat."
"I'm Y/N."
"You're a hedgehog, right?"
"Um... I think so."
"What do you mean you think so?"
"I was human not that long ago, but when I woke up about an hour ago, I was a hedgehog. I don't know what happened in between."
"Oooookay, that's pretty weird."
"Yeah, I'm having a hard time understanding it myself."
Blaze laughed, "Oh, I remember a massive flash of light coming from Egghead's lab not so long ago. It must have been a reaction that changed you into a hedgehog. I can see why he wanted to capture you."
"It wasn't me he was after at first. He wanted Shadow, but after I almost died to save him, Eggman must've taken he in his place."
"Wait, wait, wait. You almost died?!"
"Yeah, all because of Metal Sonic."
She hissed, "I hate him. He is such a pest."
"I agree. Excuse me for changing the subject, but how can you see me? I can't see anything at all. I can only just see my hand in front of my face."
"Cats have really good night vision. That's why I thought you were Shadow. You look just like him, except for the female aspects."
"Yeah, I guessed," Y/N's hand burst into flames as she scanned the room for Blaze, "Where are you? I can't see you."
"Over here. To your left."

Lifting her palm, she used the light to avoid bumping into anything. She nearly tripped over a rock, grabbing a loose stone in the wall before she could hit the floor. A soft touch on her hand made her look up.

"There we go. Now we can talk properly."

Gazing down at her through a roughly cut, empty, tiny window was a lilac cat, holding her up with one hand.
"Hang on," she pulled Y/N to her feet, "There."
"Thanks. How long have you been here?"
"Longer than I want to remember. About six months, I think."
"Yikes."

"I know. You control fire, right?"
"Yeah."
"Me too."
"No way."
"Yeah way."
"Awesome!"
"I know!"

"Hey, shall we work together to get out of here?"
"Well, Eggman's security system is really high tech, so..."
"Oh. OK. Guess I'll have to do it alone."
"No! You'd never make it!"
Y/N smiled to herself. The "putting yourself in danger so someone with have to help you" trick usually worked, "So you'll help me?"
"Of course! But only if you promise to get us both out alive."
"Deal."