Clones

Y/N wandered down into the forest, being very careful of where she stepped. Her nerves were on a knife-edge. She kept glancing behind her, worried that something, or someone, was about to jump out at her. A blade slowly formed from the blaze inside her. A sudden rustle overhead made her jump. She pressed herself back against a tree. She tensed, ready to jump and avoid an attack. A blur of yellow fur hurtled out of nowhere towards her. Her muscles started acting before she had told them what to do. She pulled herself into the branches above her as Tails slammed into the trunk.

"Tails, what the...?!"
A spark flew from his neck. She leapt into another tree to avoid him shaking her out. As he turned, she swung down, kicking him hard in the chest. He collided with several trees before sliding to a stop. She approached him warily, leaping back when he sat up, neck sparking.

"You... will not... survive this... You cannot.... defeat... us all... There are too many... You may as well... give up now," he muttered before collapsing.

"What the... Tails!" Y/N shook him. Some of his fur came away in her hand, revealing something like a control panel. Opening it, she gasped.

"He's a fake. That's what Mephiles must be trying to do. Make us think we're up against each other when the real enemy is you, eh Mephiles?" she yelled at the top of her voice before climbing into a tree and leaping into the next. She remained in the branches as she travelled through the arena.