Losing Her Mind

Y/N's POV

Y/N screamed as loud as her lungs would let her. Leaving the others, she darted to Shadow's side.

"Oh God, no!" she shrieked, her hands trying to block the wound.

Mephiles cackled, "It's all over now, girl. There's nothing you can do to save him. He's already gone."

"I'm not letting you go. Not now, not ever. I promise."
"I know... Take... this..." Weak as he was, he managed to pick up his helmet from beside him and draw two of his best blades, "The rest... should... transfer by... themselves..."
Tears sprang to her eyes. Even when dying he wanted her to be safe.

"Don't talk. Save your strength."
Shadow smiled softly, blood trickling down from the corner of his mouth. He was soaked in the stuff as it pooled beneath him. Silver and Sonic were both on their feet, supporting each other as they hobbled over.

"It's OK, it's gonna be fine."
"Guys, I... I need to... tell you something..."
"Save it. Wait until this is over. For all of us."
"It is over," Mephiles laughed.
"It's not. Not until one of us is completely defeated, and I'm still standing."
"So all I have to do is take you down."
"Very well. Hit me with your best shot."
Y/N kept her back to Mephiles, allowing her instincts to take over her actions. The whistle of a descending sword gave her the advantage she needed. Just as Mephiles was pulling back his blade to strike his hardest, she spun and flung a ball of flame straight into his chest. Shadow's armour formed over her body like a second skin.

"You guys might want to cover your ears. I'm plugging them for sure," Y/N chuckled, already shoving a set of earphones in, "Time to really get this party heated up."
Pulling out the remote control, she hit the transport button, summoning the speakers she and Blaze had created.

"What the...!"
"You know less about me than you think."

To say the electric guitar music that blasted out of the speakers was loud would be the understatement of the year. It was more blow-your-ears-off deafening. Even through her earphones Y/N could still hear it, so it must had been ear-splitting for Mephiles. Unfazed, she took several steps forward towards him as he staggered, blown over by the volume.

"How are you still...?"
"Sorry, can't hear you!"

Still walking forward, Y/N lifted the two blades Shadow had given her. She broke into a run, speeding towards him in a blur of red and black. Mephiles slipped in the blood on the floor, defenceless.

"No!"
Turning her run into a long skid, Y/N slid past him, pinning him against the nearby wall. He grabbed wildly for his weapon, but his finger were slick with blood and he couldn't get a firm hold on it. Closing her eyes, she slashed down, avoiding looking at the evil creature she had slain, flames erupting from her like a firework. The crunch of his bones and the wail of pain echoed in her mind as she stood over his body.

"Now it's over."