Until The End

Y/N's POV

Y/N lowered herself into a crouching position. She locked eyes with Metal Sonic, trying to stare him down. For once, it didn't work. The same scarlet eyes glared back at her without moving. Each robot set its sights on either her or Shadow. Each of them had been programmed to killed them.

"Now what are you gonna do? There's no way out."
A single attack exploded at her feet, but it didn't hurt her. As the flames of the blast passed her face, it only felt pleasantly warm, like a day on the beach.

"Y/N!" Three voices rang out as one: Shadow, B/F/N and F/N.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
"What?! How did you survive that?" Dr. Eggman demanded.

"Yeah. I don't get it."
"I don't know. I just did."
"Y/N..."
"What?"
"Look at your arm."
She glanced down and gasped. A tiny scar over where the cut on her arm had been was glowing red, absorbing the flames.

"What the...?"

Eggman was staring at her as well, "How did... No matter. Robots, destroy them!"
Hundreds of attacks fired towards them. Shadow pushed her down before jumping high over them. The beams collided, becoming a single blazing fireball, which Y/N absorbed. She pushed herself up and released a blast of pure rage, letting the fire add to her fury. Each and every basic robot was sent flying. The only one that survived was Metal Sonic. He sent an electric bolt straight towards her, which she avoided through a roll. It exploded against Eggman's giant. She unleashed a stream of white-hot flames, scorching Metal's structure as he slammed into a wall.

"Well that was fun."
"For you maybe, but I barely got my hands dirty."
"Yeah, well, you've had more chances than I have to get them dirty."
Shadow shrugged, "Yeah, that's true."
"Are you guys done yapping? I'm bored."
"We were done a lifetime ago. We're not dogs."
"Duh."

Eggman roared in anger and stalked forward in his machine.

"Oh, fun. Party time."