Bruises And Bitemarks

Shadow's POV

The first thing that hit Shadow was the amount of blood on the floor, flooding from Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Amy, Rouge, Tails and Knuckles. Mephiles was sat on a throne, overlooking their torture. He heard Y/N gasp behind him.

"How could you?"
"Easily. It's not hard to take out your anger on another, is it?" Blood pooled at Mephiles' feet as he rose from his chair, "Anyway, I thought these would make some good decorations for my throne room when I rule the world!"
"The only world you'll be ruling is the depths of Tartarus."
"Ha! Then you'll be my subjects."

Yeah, that's likely," Shadow growled sarcastically.

Sonic groaned, lying closest to them next to Silver, "Guys... Just promise... you'll be... careful."
"Yeah... Take care... of yourselves..." Silver whispered.

"I know, I know, boys. We'll be fine," Y/N crouched between them, softly consoling them, "We'll all be fine."
Shadow stayed focused on Mephiles," There's no way you'll get away with this."
"Try me."
"Fine."
"Let's finish this. Time for you to taste your own blood."
"Ha! Time for a war that lasted twenty years."
"Shadow," Y/N spoke up, "Let me just help everyone move out of the way. No sense in hurting those who are already injured enough."
"If you say so."

Y/N moved like a lightning bolt, hauling each of their friends out of harm's way. In seconds the battlefield was clear and she was crouched among them to make sure they were safe.

"Hope you're ready for this, or it'll be a very short battle."
"Come at me."