Home Together

His sword slipped from his grasp as he sped towards her. She had thrown herself into an all out sprint too and collapsed in his arms, tears flowing silently down her face.

"I'm never leaving you again," Shadow was the first to speak.
"Me neither. I've missed you so much."
"How are you still alive?"
"I wasn't ready to see my parents again. Something pushed me away from them."
"You're not one to die easily."
Y/N buried her head in the armour on his chest, "Nope. I really wanted to see you again too."
"Um, guys? What are we gonna do about the Egghead over there?" Blaze spoke up, gesturing towards Eggman, who was attempting to escape.

"No worries," Y/N flicked on hand. Flames spread across the floor like lightning, branching out to cut Eggman off, "He's not going anywhere."

"No, no, no, please! You see Shadow? I was telling the truth! If you had just-"
"You would've still tried to trick me. I'm not falling for that again."
"No I wouldn't! I would've shown her to you-"
"Which would probably have been a hologram or a camera loop."
"It probably would have been, since me and Blaze escaped the cells long before you guys got here."
"Wait, what?!"
"It's true," Blaze confirmed, leaning against Silver, "We were about to get out of here for good when you showed up."

"And now we're all back together, let's take out the Egg-trash while we're here."
"Good idea."
"No, please! I swear, I'll turn over a new leaf, please, just give me a chance!"
"Well, that's new," Sonic remarked.

"No kidding," Rouge giggled.

While they were joking amongst themselves, Shadow noticed Y/N suddenly acting very alert, lowering herself into a stance as if she was abut to run for her life.

"What's up?"

"I just have a really bad feeling about this. Like a massive disaster's about to happen."
Eggman smirked, "Right you are!" He slammed a button on a control panel nearby. Six curved, almost column-like objects rose up around them.

"Oh no, I'm not getting caught in that again!" Y/N yelled, pulling Shadow out of the circle with her, and just in time. Electric pulses surrounded the others, trapping them there.

"Whoa, good timing."
"I've always been pretty good at that."
"Guys! You OK?" Knuckles yelled.

"We're fine! Can you get out of there?"
"No! We've just tried but there's no way of breaking free! You'll have to take Egghead on your own."
Shadow glanced at her, "That's fine by me."
"Me too. Now I can finally beat my almost-killer!"
"Hold on," he drew the fiery knife out of it's sheath in his belt and gave it to her, "You need it more than I do."
Robots flooded in from all sides, blocking the doors, forming a wall of metal.

"Finally! I've waited a long time for this. At long last, I've captured all of the fastest things alive!" Eggman was yelling with laughter.

"Yeah, sure. Shame your brain isn't one of them!" Y/N taunted.

"And besides, we're not even being held hostage. We can still move!" Shadow made the first move. He slashed one blade down, causing an explosion that tore through the robots, cutting through each hunk of iron like it was warm butter.

"No!"
"Oh yeah."
"Robots! Fire!"

Guns flashed from each machine. Time slowed to a crawl. Flames erupted in front of Shadow, melting the bullets into harmless droplets. Sonic, Silver and Rouge all yelled as they did so. Shadow turned to face Y/N, visor raised. Her clothes seemed to be made of fire. Her eyes were closed, arms raised, forming the flames into a giant shield.

"You'll never hurt either of us again," She snarled before releasing her fire in a huge ball of rage. Shadow added his power to hers, creating an even greater sphere of destruction. it descended slowly, setting each robot alight before plunging into Eggman.

"No! Please! No! Noooo!" Eggman's final yell was one of pain and defeat. Y/N plugged her ears to block it out.

"Are you OK?"
"How can you be? Have you ever killed someone before?"

"Yes..."

"Then at least you'll know the regret I'm feeling right now."
"He deserved what he got."

"I know, but that doesn't make it right, does it?"
"All that matters now is that he's gone."
"And that we're together."
"That too."
"Guys? A little help here?" Sonic and the others were still stuck within the electric pulses.

"Hang on," Y/N sent out six flames, each of which hovered above a column before burning it like a Roman Candle. They dropped to the ground, finally free. Gathering around Y/N and Shadow, they ruffled their quills, slung their arms around their shoulders and cheered. They had finally won. Right?