Chapter LIX

The sound of waves crashing softly reached my ears, I dreamt Antoine and I were walking on a beach at sunset, it was perfect, so I opened my eyes with a smile on my lips but it soon vanished when I saw something I didn't expect to see.

Right in front of me was the sea and it was just starting to get light. I was not in between four walls and not on my comfortable queen-sized bed, covered by my green and blue blanket, I was actually lying on the sand, on fetal position, trying to get a bit warmer.

I was only wearing a pair of short shorts, a loose sleeveless shirt and a bikini top underneath, so I was really cold at the moment.

Nicola was sleeping behind me and Cara was right in front of me, facing me. I sat up and saw the rest of my cousins lying on the sand, we were only a few feet away from the house and I couldn't help but wonder why we felt asleep here instead of at least the garden or on a hammock.

"I'm so cold." A male voice muttered, I turned to look at my left, and Maurizio was just sitting up, just like me.

"Me too." I found myself saying.

The view in front of me was absolutely breath-taking, every sunrise is, but a sunrise on the beach is just hundreds of times better, I felt captivated by it.

"What the hell?" Cara muttered as she sat up. "Ugh."

"At least we have this view." I said to the ones that were awake by now.

In the distance some sea gulls could be heard and the ocean in front of us was inviting, I wanted nothing more than go swim but right now it was probably too cold for that.

"We should probably go inside bef..." Cara started.

"Before we woke up?"

We turned around and saw Adriano there, wearing a loose Juventus jersey and pyjama shorts, he had a grin on his wrinkled face.

"I'm only upset because you didn't invite me." He said crossing his arms in front of his chest. "How dare you not invite your lovely grandfather?"

"So, you won't tell our parents?" Maurizio said with hope.

"Well no, but I don't need to. They already know."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Veronica and Fabrizio already saw you." He told us. "And Drina is already awake."

Maurizio, Cara, Gianna and I looked at each other in fear

Maurizio, Cara, Gianna and I looked at each other in fear. We were of age and all but that wouldn't help us from a scolding and probably a punishment. We stood up and hurried inside the house, not bothering to wake the others up, and rushed inside but we weren't fast enough because we bumped into our parents in the middle of the stairs.