Chapter XXIII

During my usual run, normally on the treadmill, but today I went out and ran around the city, I was hearing music and everything was cool and great, until a certain song came up on my Ipod. I paid no attention to it, until a minute or so had passed and instead of listening to the song, I focused on the lyrics. I slowed down as the song kept playing, and it made my entire depressive and guilty mood to come back.

Everything and everyone kind of reminded me of what I had done. Even a stupid ad on the newspaper or a joke someone was saying or even a couple walking down the street reminded me of Neymar and that I had cheated on Antoine. Everything reminded me of that and every time it made me feel even worse than before.

And this song wasn't the exception, especially when it was exactly about being unfaithful. Yes, that's right. The song I was listening was Unfaithful by Rihanna. I was that. I was unfaithful, only once but I had been.

And the fact that I admitted I liked Neymar, to myself and to him, didn't make it any better, or the fact that I had been texting him since that drunk night. We don't flirt or even mention that day but I shouldn't even reply to his messages, I shouldn't be the first to text him, asking how was his day or what had he done a certain day. I just couldn't stop. It seemed stupid and kind of ridiculous to change my mind so many times.

First, I wasn't sure about spending the day with him, then I kissed him, then I ignored him, then I let him kiss me, then I ignored him again, then I told him I liked him. So it seemed a bit bipolar or something, so the best I could do was keep texting him, right?

Not right. It was everything but right but since we weren't flirting or even meeting it was okay, I wasn't doing anything wrong, or that's what a part of me kept saying to me while the other said I was the worst girlfriend.

Anyway, after that I ran even faster back to my hotel, not being able to think right. My nice run was ruined. I didn't even greet Henriette when I walked inside the room. I just went straight to the shower and well, showered. It didn't make me feel any better, any cleaner. My body was clean but my conscience wasn't.

I wrapped a towel around my toned body, and walked out of the bathroom to go for clothes, which I had forgotten to choose and take to the bathroom. Henriette smiled at me as she headed to the door.

"I'll go eat breakfast." She announced, grabbing her purse and cell phone.

"Alright." I said smiling back to her.

She headed to the door and walked out of the room, the door was closing slowly after she left and right when it was going to close entirely it was pushed the other way, I looked up expecting to see Henriette but instead it was Antoine at the door, looking from normal to shocked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were, you know, in just a towel."

"It's okay Antoine, come in!" I said smiling at him. "You act like if we haven't lived together for the last three years or so."

"Right, you are completely right." He said.

Antoine pecked my lips, without hugging me because I was wet, and then sat on my bed. I looked at him and felt even worse than earlier today, I almost break down right there because I loved him so much and I would never forgive myself for what I did to him, for what I was going to do to him.

"Antoine, you know I love you, right? I love you so much." I said, my voice almost breaking, he looked at me confused and just nodded at me.

"I love you too!" He said to me, looking at me with a frown, looking a bit confused.

"And that's why I can't keep on like this, you know? I have to tell you something."

"You are scaring me, Margie. What is it?"