Chapter X

Three days had passed and France's match was just about to start. Henriette, other two girls and I were in the first row of the stadium. The French flag was painted on my cheek and as usual I was wearing Antoine's jersey proudly.

We sang the anthem and clapped at our team, knowing in our heart that they were going to do just fine. They had worked hard for this moment.

Not even twenty minutes passed when Olivier Giroud scored at the 17th minute and Blaise Matuidi scoring another goal only a minute later. It was unexpected but before the first time ended we were winning 3-0, with a goal of Mathieu Valbuena five minutes before the end.

Again I was featured a few times, I saw my face in one of those big screens and I smiled to whoever was watching and did a thumbs up sign. What else could I do? I had gotten used to the cameras by now, just not to the paparazzi, they just were too annoying and too rude, but a simple camera is okay.

The second time started and by the minute seventy-three, Karim Benzema and Moussa Sissoko had scored another two goals, 5-0. That wasn't bad at all.

Switzerland managed to score two goals before the end though, making the final result 5-2. I was extremely happy about this result even though Antoine didn't score, still I was really proud of him. He played really well.

The players shook hands and some exchanged shirts, as always we got out of the stadium first and we were driven back to the hotel, and as soon as we did Yohan Cabaye's girlfriend asked for a margarita to start celebrating.

Even though I was ecstatic about France winning today I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed about the match before France's. Italy played against Costa Rica and to surprise of everyone Costa Rica scored one goal and won the game. Costa Rica is now in first place with six points and Italy in second with three points, Uruguay had three points too but they were in third place because of goal difference, still I was positive about them making it to the next round. England had lost two matches, Italy and Uruguay, one, but I was sure Italy would beat Uruguay in a few days time.

When the team finally arrived it instantly became a party, and we celebrated just like last time but this time we went to the beach instead. Some had a beer on their hand and some had other alcoholic beverage in theirs, but everyone or almost everyone was drinking and dancing and getting in the sea just to get out a minute later to dance with everyone.

We even played a beach football match with some Brazilians teenagers who were by the beach, they joined us excitedly when Karim called them. We had a blast. And yes, I played too and even scored a goal, I guess I still have it in me.

But once again the party had to come to an end when we had to go back to our rooms and head to the airport to go to Rio de Janeiro for the match against Ecuador.

"Congratulations." I said to Antoine once again while we waited in the airport to board our plane. "You did amazing."

"I didn't score." He said shrugging.

"But you helped your team score, you did amazing."

"Thank you, love." He said pecking my lips.

Antoine then stood up and accompanied Paul to get something to eat, while I stayed in my seat.

I heard my phone and I sighed, my mother had been texting me all day long, mostly about France's victory, Italy losing and my flight to Rio de Janeiro. I swore she would drive me insane one day, I'm twenty-one, why can't she just leave me alone?

But to my relief it wasn't her, it was my brother, Riccardo, who hadn't been able to come to Brazil with Uncle Gianluigi due to bad grades.

'Still in Salvador?'