t h r e e

{ Lucas }

"Ya!"

I laughed as my brother stood up and pumped his fist in the air. Everything was good, I was happy.

"Lucas it's for you."

My mom looked toward me, as I got up from the couch. I took the phone from her and went to another room.

"Hello?"

"Lucas, it's Mr. Matthews."

I was wondering why Mr. Matthews was calling me, especially late at night. I knew I was on the last person on his list to call me.

"Mr. Matthews, is anything wrong sir."

"I already told Maya, Lucas it's about Riley."

I was ready to break stuff already.

"What happened to her."

My voice was cracking and I'm pretty sure tears were running down my face.

"Riley got shot, she-"

I hung up and grabbed my coat, ignoring my family's screams as I ran out the door.

***

I still cry over that memory.

I looked around the dull halls. Nothing is the same, without Riley here. Maya and Farkle changed, but not me. Not yet. Maya walked down the hall, her crop top up way too high, she glanced at me. I didn't smile or do anything, she smiled a little bit. She thinks I'm gonna be friends with her again. No way.

She walked away with her 'friends', with a frown on her face. I don't know any of these people. Without Riley, nothing's the same. I lost control of my anger issues. I try to control them, I really do. I'm still the same Lucas, just filled with sadness and anger. Zay disappeared to God knows where. Farkle moved across the country. No goodbye, no message, no email, nothing.

I started to walk through hone clusters of people, avoiding there stares. Mr. Matthews won't teach his life lessons, he just teaches lessons. I went to the art room, I knew it would be empty. Like my heart is. I turned on the lights, I sighed and sat on one of the stools. I felt a tear run down my cheek. Riley was special.

When Maya said she I'm like her brother, I knew my secret was out. Riley just wanted to have her first relationship. Her first boyfriend. Her first prom. Her first graduation. Her first husband. Her first kid.

I couldn't give that to her.

***

So this story will have flashbacks. You know, on how the gang handled Riley's death, (that's gonna be hard to write), eventually lucaya will happen, but not for right now. It's gotta take some time. I decided to upload this since I was in middle of writing this yesterday, then fell asleep. That's it, bye guys!