s i x t e e n

{ Maya }

I rubbed my eyes, Lucas called me up at three in the morning. The reason, I don't know why, he might as well say he saw a Nyan Cat farting rainbows. I waited patiently before knocking again, "Open up you little mother fucker dipshit cowboy!"

I was about to knock again but the door opened, making me fall into a boys arms.

"Lucas, tell me why you woke me up at three in the morning to come to your house? We better not be having sex-"

"Woah! Maya, I don't think of you that way."

I looked up to see it was Farkle instead. I backed away from him, brushing my shoulders as if he was the plague.

"Farkle, what are you doing here?!"

"Lucas invited me, and before you ask, yes. He forgave me. It's your turn now."

I took a deep breath, "Fine, I forgive you Freakle. Your still one of my best friends."

We hugged for a little awhile before pulling away.

"Okay, now you can come inside," I went inside while Farkle led me to the living room, "Lucas has been rambling on and on about Riley's murder. He says he wants to find out what happened to her."

"Wait what!? Is he serious! How are sixteen year olds gonna find out who was Riley's murderer."

I stopped talking when I entered the living room. Lucas was sitting next to the coffee table, with a million newspapers. The coffee table had photos of Riley, where Riley was last seen, all of that stuff. There was a card board poster next to him leading traces in Riley's murder.

"Uh, Lucas, huckleberry. Why are you such a huckleberry!?"

I sat down next to him, Farkle following me after.

"Look Maya, I know this is crazy. But I think we can find out what happened to Riley. I mean, I don't think a mugger shot her. I think it was someone who hated her."

"But who would hate Riley so much? I mean, she's Riley."

Talking about this stuff gave me the chills. What if it want a mugger who shot Riley?

"That's where our investigation starts."

I looked at Farkle who had pictures from middle school. There was a picture of Missy, Sarah, Dave, Darby, and Zay?

"Um, Farkle why is there a picture of Zay. As far I as I know Zay thinks of Riley as sugar. We can cross him out."

"I don't know Maya. Why would he disappear after Riley's death? These are the questions were looking at."

"But Farkle disappeared and he came back."

"I came back because I decided to man up. And also because I didn't have any rent money and my neighbor always came over asking for rats."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Okay, did not need to know that. But Lucas, do you really think we can solve this case."

He gave a peck on my lips, "Hey, your single best friend is still here."

I rolled my eyes, "Maya, I know we can. For Riley." We all held hands together. Everything seemed to change, for the better.

***

And now this is gonna be an adventure story! I made this story form sad to yay!