t e n

{ Farkle }

It feels like everything's a dream.

I boarded a plane, called my parents, walked to their house, and saw happy faces instead disappointed ones. I did that in only 10 hours. Now I sit here, in my old room, my breath not reeking of alcohol. But I looked like a drunk. I started to look around my room, my eyes landing on a certain picture frame. Everything in my room was out away in my boxes except one picture.

It was a picture of me and Riley.

She had her arms around me, I had my arms around her, she kissed my cheek, I smiled. That was in 7th grade. It was only just for fun, we weren't a couple. It was specifically the last day of school, Riley's last day of life.

Her last words she said to me was I love you.

I thought she meant as best friends so I left it alone. A tear fell from my eye on to the picture. My parents didn't want to put it away, they knew I loved Riley more than a friend. But I was lucky to have her in my life.

I put the picture back to where it belonged. I fished out my phone from my pocket, looking for two certain contacts.

Maya and Lucas.

I always knew they would end up together, heck, there names even fit together. Right now I'm not sure they can with this crisis. I don't know what I was doing, but I pressed my thumb on the call button.

***

{ Maya }

I fixed up my shirt turning to Lucas who was just putting on his shirt.

"Same time tomorrow at my place."

"Sure."

Lucas left the classroom leaving me alone with my thoughts. We just fucked in 5 minutes. That's a new record. Riley wants this. Right? She wanted me and Lucas to be together so we are. Kinda, if friends with benefits counts. I'm confused about my feeling and everything. I just wish Riley would be here, she would know what to do.

She's a fixer, I'm a breaker. I peeked outside, good, the cheerleaders went outside. Shit, I'm late to class. Maybe I should just skip, or I could go to class late, embarrass myself, and get a detention.

Skip class it is.

***