t h i r t y - o n e

A/N, This is the chapter before the last one which will be next week. Don't worry guys, sequel will be coming!

{ Maya }

It felt like a million knives was piercing through my body. The bullet sent my body into a paralysis of pain. Life flashed through my eyes slowly. I didn't move I just stood there. I looked to where it had hit me. It turns out it didn't hit my side, it hit my stomach, I had a few minutes before my life would be taken away. I looked at Zay in shock and then looked at Lucas.

He was shocked just as me and immediately went running towards me. After a while it didn't hurt. Nothing hurt. I was just frozen, knowing I was going to die.

{ Lucas }

Everything was in slow motion for me. Next minute I'm running to Maya and then I see blood all over her stomach. I ran to her as fast as I could. This couldn't be the end. This can't be the end. I can't lose Maya. I repeated that like a mantra.

I can't lose Maya.

I caught her as she fell to the ground, the life in her eyes running out.

I can't lose Maya.

"Your okay Maya, your okay." I brushed the hair away from her. She was still my Blonde Beauty.

I can't lose Maya.

"Is everyone okay, is Farkle okay. Is Smackle, and Charlie safe." I nodded, even though the only person I was worried about was her.

I can't lose Maya.

"Maya you just have to hang on. The police are on their way." I put pressure on her wound, but Maya shook her head.

"No, it's too late anyway." I shook my head, not agreeing with Maya. "It's okay, it's perfect. I'm in the arms of my first love. The person I'll always love. Lucas Friar, I love you."

I cried with Maya, "Maya, no I can't lose you."

"Your not gonna lose me. You and Farkle, your not going to lose me. I'll still be here."

I panicked when Maya was starting to close her eyes. I started screaming no. I couldn't let Maya die. Not now, not never, not anywhere. "Maya, no! Please!" I checked her heartbeat.

There was no response.