f o u r t e e n

{ Maya }

I separated from the kiss, breathless. I put my forehead on Lucas, "Lucas, what was that?" I was confused and frustrated. We were always arguing to kissing each other. I wanted to know Lucas's answer, did he want to be with me, or be friends.

"Maya, I need to say this-"

"No!" I snapped back to reality, pulling away from Lucas. Riley liked him first, but then again, Riley wanted this. I was crying again, why can't Riley figure this out. Why do I have to always break things.

"Maya, listen to me! I want to be with you! I still have feelings for Riley but those feelings are getting weaker! My feelings for you are stronger!"

"Then why do you kiss me all of a sudden then go back to yelling at me!"

"Because that's how strong my feelings are for you! Your an addiction to me! An addiction I can't get rid of!"

I had no answer, I was speechless. I decided to kiss him, after all actions are louder than words.

"Is that a yes that you want to be with me?"

I nodded, "Yes!"

We both hugged, and for once, I was happy.

***

{ Riley }

I smiled at Maya and Lucas. Maya deserves to be happy, and so does Lucas. I'm happy now, my best friend found hope and happiness. That's all I ever wanted.