s e v e n t e e n

{ Farkle }

I led Lucas and Maya upstairs to my room, telling my parents we were studying.

"Okay, I already set everything up. I have the suspects, the locations, and where Riley was for the last twenty four hours. And I-"

I was cut off when Maya covered my mouth, "Slow down Farkle, your so eager."

"What do you expect? I loved Riley, I loved her when she dated you," I pointed to Lucas, "I loved her when she danced with Charlie. And I loved her, even when she was at her worst with me."

It was awkward silence, I probably shouldn't have started rambling.

"Anyway, let's get this investigation started."

***

{ Maya }

It had been one hour, and we haven't decided who to investigate first. Farkle ran to the store to get some more snacks. It was just Lucas and me, I was going through the suspects.

"So, what are you thinking?"

I looked over at Lucas, smiling, "Thinking why you're not helping me with this crazy investigation."

He chucked while I rolled my eyes. I was in love with a Huckleberry. I felt Lucas's lips on my neck, "Hey!" I pushed him away laughing.

"You said you wanted me to help you."

A smirk was plastered on his lips, "I mean investigation help. Stop being such a Huckleberry and help me out."

Lucas only laughed before sitting next to me, grabbing some random papers. I looked through the pictures of Riley, apparently, there were a lot of video cameras in New York. One particular picture caught my eye, there was a person in the distance. It was a picture of me and Riley walking out of school.

The person looked like he wasn't there, but he was.

"Lucas! Look! There's person here in this picture!"

He grabbed the photo, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion

"It's probably just an old man."

"No it's not. Look at the way he's facing."

Lucas turned the photos into various angles. While, I was getting impatient.

"I do see it now! But, why would this person be staring at you guys?"

"Because, Riley's murder wasn't just a one time thing, someone had planned this."

I heard a bag drop, I looked to see Farkle standing there with his jaw dropped. I walked over to him, but he was gone like lightning.