f i f t e e n

{ Farkle }

I sat on my bed, pulling at my hair. I been stuck in my room, my parents had been getting worried, but they don't understand. I looked at my phone next to me. I put my hand over it, decided whether or not to call an old friend.

You can do this.

I grabbed my phone.

You can't do this.

I pressed the thumb over the button.

You can do this.

I wavered my thumb over the phone app.

You can't do this.

I pressed the phone app, typing in the digits.

You can do this.

I pressed the phone against my ear.

You can't do this.

"Hello."

You can do this.

"Lucas, it's Farkle, long time no see."

***

I walked in Topanga's, the place is still the same. Same chairs, same people, same pictures. I sat at the couch that all of us would sit at. Me, Lucas, Zay, Maya, Riley, it was great. The bells rang, I looked over and saw Lucas. I stood up, walking over to him. I gotta say, I was nervous, Lucas was my best buddy.

"Hey...Lucas."

He turned around, I was expecting an angry reaction, but I was wrong. He came over and hugged me. We both sat down, with a milkshake in my hand.

"So, how's-"

"Farkle, the first thing I need to know is why you left. I mean, yeah, Riley died, it brought a big impact on us. But that doesn't mean you run away from your problems."

I took every word Lucas said, he was right. I shouldn't have run away from my problems.

"It was a big impact. I mean, I loved Riley, she was a bright sunshine. I just...couldn't take the grief."

I felt like a nothing right then and there. I felt that same feeling when Billy said I was a nothing, cowardly. I'm the biggest coward in world.

"It's still good to have you back buddy."

Lucas patted my knee as I smiled at him. It did feel good to be back.