10. You're okay now

Present Time

"Sweet dreams are made of these

Who am I to disagree?

Travel the world and the seven seas

Everybody's looking for something," I hear my phone play.

That's my ringtone, and also my favorite fucking song ever. I pick up my phone and say, "hello?" since it was a number that was not a contact.

"Hello, are you the mother of Caleb Walsh?" Some lady asks. "Uhh, yes, who is this?" I question, very confused. "I'm the principal of his school, I'm sorry to inform you this but he's in the hospital." My mouth drops and I gasp.

My baby is in the hospital, again. "O-okay, thank you." I say, then hang up the call. I hope it's not as bad as I think.

***

I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting for a damn doctor to tell me something. I tried visiting him but they wouldn't let me in his room.

You're probably wondering, "is he Chris' son?" No. He's not. I haven't seen Chris since the day I left Scranton, that was 8 years ago. I should probably tell you what has happened these past 8 years.

Remember Chase? We ended up going to the same college in San Diego, we started dating in our freshmen year, when we were 19. He proposed to me at graduation, at age 21.

We were madly in love so we got married in Las Vegas that same month. That to was the same month I found out I was pregnant.

That was probably the best, yet worst year ever, I got married to Chase, and had Caleb, but it was also the same year Chase got diagnosed with stage 1 cancer.

He was quickly treated and healthy again, 4 months later he got cancer again, but it got even worse. The second time he got it, they couldn't save him. He was gone.

Chase's DNA got passed onto Caleb so he was very sick for the first couple months, he also had cancer. He was treated for it. When he was 4 he got again until he was 5.

I've been living in San Diego for the past 8 years. This first couple months I moved down here I would talk to Chris every single day, then it turned to a couple days a week, then 1 day week, then 1 day a month, then we just stopped talking, same goes for Angelo.

I work as a tattoo artist, well used to. I got fired from Body Temple Shops since I would always miss my clients and shifts, but that's only because I needed to take care of Caleb.

After Chase passed away, everything went downhill. Now I live in a small apartment that I barely pay for with Caleb. I work at In-N-Out while Caleb is at school.

My life turned out just fantastic, didn't it? A 27 year old with a child of 6 years in the smallest apartment ever working at In-N-Out.

"Mrs. Walsh?" The lady in the scrubs questions. I stand up very quickly. "What happened to my son?" I question, calm yet extremely nervous.

She motions me to walk with her. "I'm sorry Mrs. Walsh but-" I cut her of, "no, no, no." I say panicky. "No no, he's alive." A huge weight off my shoulders was released.

"But, his cancer is back." Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! I run my hand through my hair and sigh out. "I'm really sorry Mrs. Walsh." I hold in every single tear and nod my head.

I want to see him. "Where is he?" I ask. She takes me to another room. "In here." In a speed of light I stormed in the room. He was sobbing making me want to sob with him. I have to stay strong for him.

I hold him tightly to my chest. "M-mommy, I'm scared." He sobs. I hate seeing him like this. "Don't be scared baby. I'm going to be right here through everything. You're a little sick, but you'll be feeling much better when they give you medican okay?" I say trying to boost up his happiness.

He looks at me and smiles. "Okay mommy." I repay him with a smile and a kiss on his head. "At school, I started throwing up and then I started shaking. I was so scared mommy." He had a seizure? I flash him a small grin to hide the pain.

"You're okay now." I then get a text message. It was from Nathan and a multimedia picture. It some type of "tryout" thing for tattoo shops all over the states, you get paid a extremely well amount of money.

Nathan: You should totally go for it!

Me: I don't know, I'll think about it.

It's on Friday, maybe I should.

-----

(A/n: I want to say thank you for the people who are voting and commenting!! This story has 500 reads now and I think like 80 something votes! Thank you so much guys!

And yesterday was Ricky's birthday!! Oh my goth, another year older than me ): lol)