9. The grand finale

(A/n: this chapter is going to be super short, sorry! It's just them saying their goodbyes)

Athena Pov

Today's my last day I'm going to be staying in Pennsylvania. Everything is packed and in my car. I don't know when I'm coming back and it scares me to be honest.

I've never been the type to cry in front of people but everything is dying to come out. What if Chris and Angelo forget about me? I doubt they wont. "Athena!" Ang lightly shouts, stopping me from spacing out.

"Oh sorry, what did you say?" I question, leaning on my car with the keys in my hand. Physically I'm ready, mentally I'm not. "I asked you what is the first thing you're going to do when you get to San Diego?" I shrug my shoulders.

I don't even want to think about it. "Probably just get to the college and unpack everything." I answer, looking down at the floor. "Can you stop looking so sad? We're going to miss you, you fuck. Now put a smile on that pretty little face." Chris says, walking towards us.

He was in my house getting some water. I let out a small laugh and hug both of them. "I love you guys." I say, letting a tear slip from my eye. I quickly wipe it off and smile.

"Hey, we're always a phone call away." Ang says, attempting to bring up the mood. "You're damn right!" Chris adds, backing up Ang. "I just want to thank you guys. You two are the best people I've ever met. Who knew 4 years ago we would be in this position?" I ask, with a tiny giggle.

They both shrug their shoulders. My mom and dad both come out the house. "Okay, now let me say goodbye to my baby!" My mom shouts then squeezes me. She's still that annoying mom, can't really blame her though.

My dad had come to accept my friends, which I love. "Bye mom. I'll call you whenever I can." I assure her as she's on the verge to breaking down. She lets go of me and looks at my dad.

"Our baby has grown up." She tells my dad. A couple tears come out her eyes before she hugs me again. "I'm going to miss you." She whispers. She backs away and I look at my dad. He comes over and hugs me too.

I'm going to miss his hugs. "Bye princess." Fuck, now I really want to cry. "Bye dad." He kisses me on the forehead. "Where's Nathan?" I ask as he lets go of the hug. "Nathan!" My mom yells.

Dammit mom. He comes running down. "Sorry sorry." He says, then reaches his hands out for me. I'll have to admit, I'll miss this asshole too. I hug him and force a grin.

"Don't get into to much trouble okay Nathaniel?!" I question him, he cringes at his full name. "No promises." I nudge his shoulders and laugh. "Bye Athena." He tells me.

I tell him 'bye' and look over to Chris and Angelo. "I guess the fun has come to an end." I say, not smiling anymore. "I'll call you later." I tell them as I hug Ang. "Okay." He mumbles.

Once I let go of Ang I engulf Chris in a long hug. "Bye little kid." He tells me. This time I didn't laugh. "Bye guys." I say waving at them as I get in the driver's seat.

They all wave back at me as I pull out the driveway. I smile and drive off. Please tell me this is not the end...