The Hospital Has Become Our 2nd Home

Ryan's POV

I wake up in a hospital and see a doctor checking what I think is my vitals.

"Ah you're awake. That's good. Your vitals seem to be doing good. We should be able to get you out of here soon." so I was right about them checking my vitals, I'm a genius.

"How long have I been out for?" I ask.

"You have been in a coma for about a month and a half." the doctor who's name I still don't know answers.

"Wow that's a long time, but where's Ricky? Is he okay?" I ask. If he isn't okay I'm going to be beating myself up about this forever. It's all my fault we were brought back to the hospital.

"I'm sorry I have to tell you this, sir, but your friend didn't make it. We tried very hard to get him back but he couldn't pull through. I'm deeply sorry for your lose." the doctor tells me. He doesn't even have to finish his first sentence before I start crying.

"It's all my fault. I should have paid a little more attention to the road. We were having fun and the next moment he was screaming. Now he's gone. I can't believe this. Why did he have to go. He just got out of the hospital and now he's gone." I sob. Soon after my rambling I see Chris, Angelo, and Paige walk I to my room. Paige's eyes are all puffy and red, they look how I imagine mine are looking about now. In the nicest way possible, Chris looks like shit. He just looks terrible. Angelo has obviously been crying but not as much. Probably trying to stay strong for the rest of us.

"Where's Balz?" I ask in a barely audible voice.

"He decided to stay home. He hasn't been holding up very well since Ricky's death." Angelo answers in a scruffy voice.

"I can't believe he is gone. And it's all my fault. I should have paid more attention."

"Hey Ryan don't talk like that. It's not your fault. It's the driver who ran into you guys causes this all. You were obeying all the traffic laws. That other driver was not." Paige says as she comforts me.

"I just want to go home and cry. If you don't mind me asking, when did Ricky pass?"

"Three days ago." Chris replies timidly.

"Sorry to interrupt but Mr. Sitkowski should be able to leave in about two days. Also visiting hours are ending in about five minutes." a nurse tells us all.

"Okay thank you." I answer when no one else says anything.

"Well Paige and I are going to head back to my apartment. You're welcome to stay there when you get out, Ryan. I was thinking you might want to get a little closure or something." Angelo offers.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm going to go to my place when I get out. Maybe in a couple days I will head over to your house but I just can't right now."

"That's understandable but just so you know, either Chris or Balz are going to be staying with you." Paige adds to the conversation. Why do I need to be supervised? Well I guess they are all probably worried I might do something since, you know that happened.

"Okay." I confirm quietly. After that Angelo and Paige leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ryan." Chris says before leaving.

"Why didn't I pay attention. I should have learned after not paying attention at the club. Every time I don't something bad happens. And now my angel is gone."

I think about Ricky and all our good memories. Wait! What happened to Lucifer? Is the cat okay? I'll ask Chris tomorrow. With that last thought in my mind I fall asleep.